Prince: 2/22/95-2/26/07

retiredracers

Over 5.5 years ago, I took in to foster a German Shepherd who was abandoned at the vet clinic that I worked at. He was 6.5 years old and had been with this man since he was 8 weeks old. AND he just left him there and never came back for him!!!! :angryfire Of course, a lot of people said that at least he left him where he was safe but still. We fostered him for 6 months and he was adopted and returned 3 times through no fault of his own. He really was a greyt dog and I promised him after the second return that if he came back again he would stay. We thought we found the perfect home but fate has ways of playing with you and before we knew it he was ours. When we took him in, he weighed 116 pounds but we slimmed him down to 98-100. Three years ago, he was diagnosed with an arrythmia and last year he was started on meds. We kept hoping his heart would just stop but this morning after going drastically downhill overnight, we made the decision to say goodbye.

He was a HUGE teddy bear (unless you fooled with his feet) and he loved me sooooooo much. Practically worshipped the ground I walked on. I am going to miss him. :brokenheart

9daaaafe.jpg

63087434.jpg

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

And what a prince he is...I loves his face...

I know your heart is broken, but when you think back...remember the times he made you laugh. You were an important part of his life. He adored you & was loyal to you to the end. He'll send you a big ole rainbow soon...he just will.

:f_white:paw:heart:paw:f_white

What a beautiful boy and such soulful eyes - he looks like a gentle spirit. Your compassion in giving this boy the love and security he needed was wonderful. He clearly adored you. May the memories be sweet and heal your heartache at his passing.

:f_white

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sheila,

I'm so very sorry for your loss! I know how it is to lose a friend... but, look at the wonderful life you provided him - and the "forever home" that he looked for... for so long!

Godspeed Sweet Prince... there's NO feet-touching in Heaven!

We are so sorry. :bighug Prince was such a good dog. I'm sure he is still looking down on the household and keeping all of the hounds in line!

We'll be thinking of Prince.

:( I am so sorry for your loss of Prince...Oh what a handsome Angel. Run free with your brand new heart sweetie...you are among bestest friends at the Bridge. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.