Leann And Arlo

ozgirl2

Leann and Arlo have both gone to the bridge in the last few weeks.

Leann, as some of you here may remember, was a sweet little brindle girl who spent a long time with our group, looking for her forever home. She was only there about 6 months. Slipped her collar & was hit by a car a few weeks ago... she was such a doll - and so loved by her forever family...

Arlo was a friends' black boy - very sweet. I would sing him Arlo Guthrie songs each time I saw him - and he was NOT impressed :rolleyes:

He stopped eating a week or more ago & no one could find what was wrong. He probably had a tumor in his spleen. He went to the bridge this past Thursday, at only 9 & a half.

Run free, Leann & Arlo!

:gh_run

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

LeAnn's passing just breaks my heart, she waited so darn long for a forever home.

I hate to see that Arlo's medical issues could not be resolved, poor thing.

They were both to darn young to leave.

Godspeed sweeties.

Prayes for both pups owners, I know their hearts are just broken.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest bowiebears

Many thanks for the prayers & thoughts and well wishes.

I was very sorry to hear of Leann's accident. My heart goes out to her forever family.

Arlo went to the bridge very calmly and peacefully. It was heart-breaking holding him close as he left us....

Dowland, his older companion, is now sole dog in our house again. He seems a bit forlorn and confused, and has slept in Arlo bed a few times now....

I am consoled, however, by a little story my sister-in-law sent a while back (which of course i cannot now locate in my email!). When the 4-year-old boy, whose dog had died was asked by his mother about what he thought about his pet's death, he said: "God puts us on earth to learn how to love and be nice to others. Dogs know that already so they don't have to stay as long."

:(:( I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy and prayers. Run free and together always sweethearts. :grouphug :grouphug :f_red:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Sniffy

oh no...two terrible tragedies. Leann is running free now, and Arlo is eating anything he wants...at Alice's restaurant at the bridge.

Yep - I sang him that one...(well, not ALL of it, of course! ) and the Motorcycle Song and City of New Orleans, among other more unknown ones!

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Sniffy
Yep - I sang him that one...(well, not ALL of it, of course! )

did you include the line about two greyhounds 'rooing in harmony' :blush