Pa's Threat A/k/a "mr. Threat"

Guest BrindleGang

Guest HHDesigns

Yesterday Hurricane and I helped Mr. Threat take his final journey over the rainbow bridge. He was diagnosed with advanced bone cancer over six months ago and I thought I would only have him a few weeks. He continually amazed me and stayed with us through Christmas. He was my momma's boy and heart dog so even though there are four dogs in the house, I feel lonely.

He was the clown and did everything with total gusto -- which may be why he raced over 160 races. He was only 7 and cancer took him far too fast but I will so cherish every moment I had with him. Below are some photos of my sweet boy:

Here he is racing after ABC Greys' Butler:

funrun43.jpg

Leading the pack:

funrun35.jpg

Whip cream fest:

ThreatCream.jpg

His favorite spot in the world -- on top of the hot tub:

THREATHOTTUB.jpg

060924044946.jpg

Standing on the hot tub looking over at the neighbors (they give him treats):

THREATFENCE.jpg

And finally hiding in the pillows on our bed:

060225115942.jpg

Sorry so many pics but he was such a clown.... I sure miss him. :wub:

Run free with no pain sweet man ... :gh_run2

Guest jettcricket

What a handsome boy he was...I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug And never apologize for too many pics...when it comes to greyhounds there's no such thing. :f_red

I'm very sorry. He is running around pain free and lounging on a huge hot tub.

:f_white

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

These are my favorite pictures:

This picture with you & Mr. Threat at Southland Greyhound Park for a meet & greet:

cyndethreat.jpg

And this picture at the ball field two years ago next month:

050206011806.jpg

Thats you in the middle, then Pegasus, Threat beside you followed by Gogh, Admiral, Caddy & trailing is Dumplin. That was such a fun fun day!

We knew he was going to leave, I never thought he'd make it this far but he proved me wrong. He was such a spirited guy...nothing bothered him. He loved the pillows on your bed, the couch & the hot tub cover (with Wilson handing out treats).

I know your heart hurts...and I wish I could give you a way to make it stop. But he's up there at the bridge, meeting & greeting with Pegasus. There is no cancer there...there's only fluffy beds, couches, hot tub covers & Wilsons everywhere handing out treats over the fences. There's lots & lots of clouds to nap on, rainbows lighting the way, cardinals singing to wake them up for dinner & butterflies bringing more treats. I heard from a reliable source that they installed a baseball field for play dates but there's no fences because there's no danger at the bridge & there are no leashes....no muzzles either.

He's nestled in your heart forever.....

I luvz ya sissy-law...we'll get through this.

:f_red:brokenheart:dogcookie:beatheart:gh_lay:beatheart:dogcookie:brokenheart:f_red

Oh, that picture of him looking over the fence is just too precious :wub: I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how many you have, the loss is huge. Hope your other puppies are okay. My Carla misses her brother so bad that she has moped and hardly eaten this past week.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

:grouphug You know I'm thinking about you guys.....

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry he had to leave. What a gorgeous hound...you can't help but smile when looking at his pictures. It's evident that he was loved and will always be loved.

May God bless.

Oh the picture of him 'panhandling the neighbors" is so adorable. I am so sorry for your loss, I hope soon the wonderful memories will soon bring solace.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy. He was gorgeous. I loved the hot tub and fence pictures especially. You can just tell how happy he was.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest HHDesigns

Thank you to everyone -- what is so sad is that he raced for a long time and then he was at the adoption kennel for a very long time and ended up having Babesia and had to overcome that. (Which is where the my foster flunking came in!) Then I had him for 2 and a half years and spoiled him rotten but he needed more time to be spoiled! He was very standoffish when I first got him but within a month he had "connected."

Anyway, thank you to everyone!

Oh the picture of him 'panhandling the neighbors" is so adorable.

That's where "Wilson" comes in. The neighbor talks to Hurricane & Cynde over the fence because of Threat. We would all be sitting outside talking & cooking out & the other pups would be lounging in the chair or rolling in the grass or begging for dinner & Threat would be standing on the hot tub with his head over the fence watching for Wilson (Home Improvement).

I guess the funniest story is when Cynde came home one day & was met by 3 doggies...no Threat. She walked around looking & went upstairs & still didn't find him until she looked really good & he was sleeping BEHIND all the pillows on the bed. He loved to sleep on the beds & the futon in the Hurricane Houndesign "factory", watching his daddy working.

hhthreat.jpg

We're gonna miss you a lot Mr. Threat.....

Edited by Snowy8

Guest LuvXRacers

:f_red I am so sorry for your loss of Mr. Threat.

What a beautiful boy. I love the picture of him looking over the fence. And the whip cream in the nose is too cute.

May you find comfort in the memories. Your time together was too short, but you were able to show him what love was all about.