I Lost My Heart Girl 6 Months Ago Today

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

My heart was broken on January 3 when my precious angel Willow was taken from me in a tragic accident. I wasn't posting on GT at the time, but here's the Tribute I posted to my sweet girl on my groups forum. I miss her as much today as I did the day I lost her, and have cried nearly every day for the last 6 months.

willow5jk.jpg

When Willow died so suddenly and tragically, I was not able to think clearly enough to write a fitting tribute to my wonderful girl. Now that I’ve had time to grieve and to reflect on our life together, I’d like to do that now.

I first heard about Willow when she was a 3 week old pup. Her mother had attacked the litter and Willow was injured. My immediate reaction was “That puppy needs to come live with me.” At that time, the kennel decided to keep her to see how she would heal from her injuries. So, I put the pup in the back of my mind. A few months later, we planned a trip to the puppy farm, and were told at that time that they had decided to find a home for Willow. They did not want her to go into an adoption group but straight to her forever home. I knew in my heart that this puppy was meant to live with me, so we brought her home.

Willow was a 4 ½ month old bundle of puppy energy. She couldn’t see very well at all, and had some hearing impairment, but she didn’t really let that slow her down. At this age, Willow would run anywhere from 4-8 hours per day, depending on how much we were home. We had heard all the Greyhound puppy horror stories, but Willow wasn’t any trouble at all as long as she got to run.

Willow put 100% into everything she did....she ran hard, she played hard, she slept hard. She gave each of us 100% of her love, too. She was always right underfoot, if she wasn’t sleeping or running, leaning in and begging for attention. Willow always knew when you needed her, too. If you were in pain, sad or in a bad mood, she was there giving hugs to make you feel better. Life wasn’t easy for Willow, but you could never tell that from her behavior.

When Willow was taken from me so suddenly, I was heartbroken, but I know that God sent her to me for a reason, and so must have taken her for a reason, too. I believe that Willow was sent here to teach me something....she did her job and was called back home. There’s no doubt in my mind that she was greeted by angels, saying ‘Well done, girl!”

Willow, I miss you. I miss seeing you run so happily in the rain, I miss being bumped with that muzzle for attention as I try to type at the computer, I miss seeing paw prints on my shoes at work every day, I miss the way every inch was a scratchy spot, and how you’d shiver all over when you were scratched just right...I even miss that 4-5am wake up bark every morning. You’ll always be in my heart.

Dennis and I have decided to plant a Weeping Willow Tree in Willow’s memory. We are taking down the swing set that she ran laps around and planting it right in the center of her personal race track. Her ashes will be mixed with the soil, so Willow will always be in her very favorite spot.

Run free Silly Willy....I’ll see you at the Bridge one day.

what an amazing tribute for an amazing and beautiful girl. Willow was gorgeous and you could tell from her picture full of love. I am so sorry for your loss. She knew love and had a forever home with you both. Although her time was definitely to short she lived it to the fullest. Run fast and free sweet one. Prayers for comfort and peace that you may begin to heal with the planting of the weeping willow tree. I think that is a beautiful way to memoralize her.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm sorry you had to loose her way too soon. She sounds like an amazing hound.

:f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry for your loss...Willow is a beautiful Angel. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Pretty pretty girl. I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer. I hope her tree becomes as beautiful as she was, and makes you smile one day.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jettcricket

What a beautiful, delicate looking little girl....her name suited her. I'm so sorry that she was taken away so quickly and so young. :grouphug:f_pink

Guest how888

What a beautiful tribute to such a sweet angel. I know Willow is watching over you now from "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" because you seemed to have such a bond together. I love the picture, she was so very precious. I am so sorry. Just know we will meet them all once more and I just can't wait to see my Howie. I know he will take care of Willow and hopefully she will send you a sign. :gh_run:gh_run:f_pink

I'm so sorry! :sad1

what a beautiful tribute -- and the weeping willow is perfect! :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Carla

Oh Lisa,

What a lovely tribute for your Willow. She was an amazing girl and was so lucky that you chose her to live with you. Willow has blessed you with many incredible memories and those memories will always remain with you. She is smiling down upon you thanking you for the time you had together. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss.

Godspeed Willow.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_runner:f_pink:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla