Rain

Guest SaintRaven

Guest SaintRaven

Not a grey but our little iguana Rain passed away yesterday evening. When we adopted her she was EXTREMELY underweight, dehydrated, hadnt been kept warm enough, was kept in a cage with sand, was being fed expired food, had NO UVB lights ...etc

We got her new lights, we fed her fresh food [what she would take, she never did start eating on her own again], gave her medicines, got her weight up, made sure her cage was hot and humid enough, got rid of the sand, gave her baths, played with her and did everything we could to make her happy. But apparently it wasnt enough as she died last night around 7 pm.

People sometimes dont think reptiles can communicate very well with their owners, that they arent affectionate or whatever ... but Rain was one of the nicest, sweetest pets I've ever had. In the short time we had her we went for walks, made many trips to the vets, listened to a lot of music [i think she appreciated my banjo more than anyone else in the house, though Raven does sing along with it sometimes] and I hope the last part of her life was good enough to at least somewhat make up for the crappy rest of it.

rainie.jpg

Sorry Rainy, we really did try as hard as we could ... we really miss you a lot. You were a great little lizard, you were always so nice and sweet and did almost everything right. I wish your life had been better, I hope our little bit at the end made you happy.

:(

Oh no :( Im so sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

I am so sorry. :(:grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest ChrissyB

I'm sorry you lost your sweet Rain. Is it wierd to want to kiss her little nose??? (Cause that was my first thought when I saw the pic.)

I know *nothing* about reptiles, but I have to believe that like all animals they knew when they are being cared for and cherished. May the Bridge have all your requirements in abundance, Rain!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest how888

When my step son lost his Iguana he was so devastated so I know how you feel and you get so attached to them. I am so very sorry. Know she is just a rainbow away..... f_yellowf_yellow

Guest tygar

Once a reptile has been "neglected" the way Rain was - it is really VERY difficult to "bring them back" to normal. Especially with no UVB and on SAND! Argh! I hate when people don't RESEARCH!

It sounds as if you had all of the right "stuff" - and gave her as much care as possible... her little body just couldn't bounce back. :(

Thank you for trying though.

And yes, reptiles DO have "personalities"... my beardie is hilarious!

I'm so sorry.. :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest argolola

I'm crying as I read your post. You tried so hard. Please take comfort in knowing that you made her happy in her last days and she had a wonderful home.

May God bless and heall your broken heart.

I'm sorry.

Goodbye, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LisaLGK

I'm so, so sorry about your loss. We have 2 water dragon's, and we love them dearly, so I understand why your heart is broken. I'll say a prayer for you, for strength. Sorry, again.... :cry1

Lisa

Guest TuxsMom

oh noooooooooooooooooo :cry1

I have enjoyed following little Rain's journey with your posts & pictures :sad1

You put so much effort into her, and I'm sure it meant the world to her. I hope she forgot all about her past and enjoyed the time she had with you.