Dv's No Layoff

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

I learned this weekend that DV passed away during her spay surgery last Wednesday. :cry1 We fostered DV for a couple weeks here at the kennel until she could be vetted in NC and moved to an adoption group in Pennsylvania.

DV was an amazing hound. She was so shy the first couple days until she figured everything out. Then she turned into the goofiest, lovingest, happiest, tail-wagging pupper. She looooooved to play with the stuffies in the yard and then run back in the kennel building and jump on the sofa. She'd be up there play bowing, just waiting for you to look at her and say "DV Watcha doin' girl?!" and then she'd jump off and do a booty-scootin' lap around the building with her tail wagging the entire time. Then she'd run right to her crate and wait for her biscuit. Perfect in every way. It was really hard to leave her with the group in NC because she had wiggled her way right into my heart. But I knew she was going to be a perfect companion to a very lucky family....

Damn :cry1 Sweetie you were so close. So close go finding your forever family and a sofa of your very own to play bow on. I'm so grateful for the time we were Blessed to spend with you. You will always be Forever Home in our hearts.

Run free at the Bridge, DV...I hope there are lots of sofas there for you. I know you are in good company :cry1:candle

Grill.jpg

DV1.jpg

DV4.jpg

DVToy.jpg

DV5.jpg

DV2.jpg

DV3.jpg

DV.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest argolola

How heartbreaking for this beautiful sweetheart. She's in good company at the bridge.

Heather, thank you for fostering her and showing her love.

Guest Zophia

Oh no!! My heart is breaking for her! :cry1 She was one of Miss Dynasty's riding buddies from B-ham to Heather's. I was soooo tempted to say "We'll take her, too! Send her on up with Miss D!" but my SO would have _killed_ me!!

DynastyFood.jpg

May Dog guide you on the next leg of your Journey. :gh_run2

Edited by Zophia

Guest tricolorhounds
Grill.jpg

Oh no... how awful... my heart is breaking :brokenheart:brokenheart:brokenheart

I won't ever forget your beautiful smile sweetie..

:gh_runRun Free DV :gh_run

Edited by tricolorhounds

Guest rsqdogsmom

That just breaks my heart. :(

I don't understand why this happens so often.

Is it because of age? They are too old for the anesthetic?

She was such a beauty.

Run free, DV.

:( How very sad. Run free, sweetie. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh no!!!!! :cry1 :cry1 I absolutely fell in love with her when you first posted pictures of her! :cry1 :cry1

I am so so sorry. What a horrible couple of weeks this has been :cry1

How heartbreaking! :( She was a beautiful girlie who blossomed in your loving care. :beatheart Godspeed, precious DV...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

omg, I remember you posting all her pictures...that is just too sad :(

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest jettcricket

...What a heart breaker. :( I remember when you first posted her pics and laughing to myself thinking what a happy, goofy girl. Some where out there is a lucky family waiting to love on her. I'm so sorry.... :f_pink

Guest how888

Oh how very tragic. My heart aches for all her came in contact with this beautiful grey. Oh those pictures are so very precious. She is an angel just a rainbow away....... :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

How sad and horrible. DV was beautiful. You could tell she was full of fun.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge