Piper

smday

Guest DeVon

What an incredible girl! :wub: My sincere condolences to all whose lives she touched so profoundly :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by DeVon

Run with the wind, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for the sharing the photo of Princess Piper. She was truelly beautiful.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Wow, what an amazing gal Piper is - I'm so sorry for your loss, but rejoicing with you that she shared 15 long years with you. Run free with all the other Bridge kids, Piper :f_pink

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I am so very sorry. I had the privilege of meeting her at SP. She was a little sweetie. :grouphug

1dec5b0e.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest TBSFlame
Piper's owner called me yesterday morning to tell me that she had to let Piper go. Piper was 17 ½ and had not given up on life but her body just wore out. She could no longer stand and the spark was slowly fading – it was time.

Piper was an amazing dog, not only for her longevity, but for her unwavering devotion to her owner. This was one grey that never needed to be on a leash. She spent her days roaming the horse farm and made sure to dig a good cool hole in the arena dirt so that she would have a comfortable place to lie down. She was never concerned that the horses would step on her because, after all, she was Princess Piper. Sure enough, the horses and riders were very careful to avoid her. She made sure she could observe her owner all the time. Even when she was young, she would trot around the farm but always came by to check on Karen every few minutes.

Jonathan and I feel so lucky to have been able to contribute to the happiness of Piper's later years. She lived with us during the winter months for the past 2 years and we were able to take her to Sandy Paws this past March. She particularly enjoyed the Senior Salute and all the attention she got. She was a joy to live with and I believe she enjoyed spending time with us and our hounds. However, whenever Karen came home, Piper ran straight to her.

I know that Piper is running free now like she did when she was young. She is no longer tired and her bones and joints no longer creak and ache. Please send some healing thought for Karen who is so sad. She had Piper for 15 years and misses her terribly.

Susan

Edited to add a photo of Piper, on the left, snuggling with my Oba.

I remember seeing Piper at Sandy Paws. What a sweet senior. My heart goes out to Karen and to you for your great loss.