Piper

smday

Piper’s owner called me yesterday morning to tell me that she had to let Piper go. Piper was 17 ½ and had not given up on life but her body just wore out. She could no longer stand and the spark was slowly fading – it was time.

Piper was an amazing dog, not only for her longevity, but for her unwavering devotion to her owner. This was one grey that never needed to be on a leash. She spent her days roaming the horse farm and made sure to dig a good cool hole in the arena dirt so that she would have a comfortable place to lie down. She was never concerned that the horses would step on her because, after all, she was Princess Piper. Sure enough, the horses and riders were very careful to avoid her. She made sure she could observe her owner all the time. Even when she was young, she would trot around the farm but always came by to check on Karen every few minutes.

Jonathan and I feel so lucky to have been able to contribute to the happiness of Piper’s later years. She lived with us during the winter months for the past 2 years and we were able to take her to Sandy Paws this past March. She particularly enjoyed the Senior Salute and all the attention she got. She was a joy to live with and I believe she enjoyed spending time with us and our hounds. However, whenever Karen came home, Piper ran straight to her.

I know that Piper is running free now like she did when she was young. She is no longer tired and her bones and joints no longer creak and ache. Please send some healing thought for Karen who is so sad. She had Piper for 15 years and misses her terribly.

Susan

Edited to add a photo of Piper, on the left, snuggling with my Oba.

post-4803-1146270044_thumb.jpg

Edited by smday

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad I got to meet Piper at Sandy Paws. Run free sweetie. :f_white

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest sanshelb

I am so terribly sorry. :gh_run

I would love to see a picture of Piper to put a face to the name of

such a lovely girl.

It's an amazing tribute to Karen that Piper lived to be 17 1/2 :) I'm so very sorry for everyone who is feeling the loss of sweet Piper :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Rest now Princess Piper. You did good. So many people loved you. Please send your momma a sign. Run free and fast sweet girl.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Run free and forever young Sweetheart. :grouphug:f_pink My deepest sympathy.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending my sympathy to you, Jonathan & Karen. Although a different color, she reminded me so much of Magic--petite with an attitude. When she laid down and rolled off the quilt at SP, I had to laugh to myself. It was what Magic did--once the old body was committed.......it laid down even if it meant rolling a little off the dog bed or quilt. Her coming up to me during the memorial will remain always special to me.

Thanks for letting me be a small part of her life.

I bet Piper and Magic are having quite a run and talk right now.

Have a great time sweet girl.....run like the wind once again!

:f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy to all the lives Princess Piper had touched. She sounded like a true little angel on earth and is now gracing our Heavens. Another bright and shining star for her mom to look up to. Run free sweet princess, send mommy a sign now and then and know you were so loved. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm glad I met Piper too. She had such perfect timing at the memorial, I believe she knew Diane needed her then.

My sympathies Jonathan and Karen. :f_pink

Godspeed pretty girl.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so sorry for your loss, but what an amazing life she must have had with you!

I only wish I had 15 years with my furkids.

You were truly blessed to have had each other for so long.

Prayers to you and your family.