My Sweet Free...

Guest tygar

Guest tygar

On Wednesday, we had to put down my 15-year-old terrier mix.

Her name was "Free"... and I named her that 15 years ago, when I saw her run like the wind. For a small dog, she could move!

This dog was my best friend... always there for me. Through several moves, a divorce... two children... she followed me through everything.

This dog followed me everywhere - and was the definition of "velcro dog".

About 8 months ago, she was diagnosed with bladder stones, and had some trouble urinating. After discussing with the vet, we decided that because of her age, we would not put her through surgery... but, try to keep her comfortable and happy, to live out her days.

She was doing really well, until last Sunday... when she began refusing food, and didn't really seem to be "enjoying life" anymore.

By the time Wednesday rolled around, I knew it was time. She looked at me with those "eyes", and I knew what we had to do.

Wednesday, at around 7:00 p.m., she went to the bridge. I am heartbroken - and feel lost when I look down and she's not "right there".

I love you Free. You were a great dog and a great friend. Thank you for loving me more than I deserved. I miss you like crazy.

6644FREE.jpg

Guest DogGone

I am so sorry for your loss. You shared a wonderful 15 years with your girl - she will watch over you from the Bridge. :f_red

I am very sorry. it is obvious by her pic that she was a very special girl. :f_pink

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Those eyes and that dignified face just melt me. Thanks for allowing her to pass on with dignity, even though the decision must have been SO hard.

Free, you seem like an amazing girl. There is just something about your picture that keeps drawing me back to this post. I hope you had a swift journey, and will not forget your family on Earth that love you so much.

Gentle hugs and kisses sent to you at the Rainbow Bridge, Free.

Guest cnewsome

I am so sorry.... I am crying with you... :(

I also shared 15 years with my very first dog, a Heinz57.

Run, run, run.. sweet little Free!! What a cutie pie she was!

Guest Snowy8

Mindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think we can all say we honestly know how you feel.

I lost my little man Boner when he was 13...even though he was my husband's...when he came home from work, the little guy followed me everywhere. When my husband died...Bones was right there for me.

I've always wished I could have the same senses they do...they sense when we are tired, when we're frustrated, when we're sad about something...and they do everything they can to help us thru the hard times of life.

Obviously she loved you very much & felt like she needed to protect you all the time...she shared the intimacy of you helping her across the bridge...her memory & love has nestled in your heart & will always be there.

Several people on this board have told me that when I see a rainbow...its from one of my bridge pups...so this I'm passing on to you...the next rainbow is from Free. When you hear the song "Over the Rainbow" its her letting you know she's okay...

:f_pink:gh_lay

15 years of love! But its never long enough is it? I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:grouphug

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

What a beautiful little girl.

Goodbye, Free.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. :( Such a beautiful Angel graces the heavens. She's close...in your heart forever until you meet again. :f_pink:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a beautiful baby. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greytsallyb

Free, what a perfect name. we know you are playing and running again on the other side. prayers to your family. you took the best care of Free!

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :cry1 Free was very beautiful - just the sort of dog I am drawn to :inlove

:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest TilliesMom

What a beautiful baby....and beautiful ears. I know Free will be by your side forever.

Run with the wind, Little One.