5 Yrs Ago Tonight...sadie-grey

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

Gosh...so much has been going on lately that your anniversary of when you were taken away almost slipped by un-noticed. How can that happen?

In fact, as I write this...it was about this time that I got home...without you. But you never left me...you are still in my heart even now. You opened the door for others to follow...more than a dozen since then. Snowy, Pegasus, Brogan, Bool, Picadilly, Banker, Dear, Gogh, Gabby, BuyCut, Pipi, Brownie, Whisper, Endless, Angie, Flash, Addie, Caps each have stood in your shadow always wanting to be just like you...#1 in my life.

I met you over the fence next door. You would come to the fence every afternoon when I got home...whimper for some petting. I told your owners, if they ever wanted to "get rid" of you, I wanted you! After the ice storm of 94...they knocked on my door & asked me if I was still wanting you...every day....I wanted you to be a part of my life.

You never left my side. You were my constant companion & you still are to this day. I still have your collar, even with the blood dried on it, I have your tag. I still have your pictures every where & I still cry my heart out for you...but I know you are okay...you are with all the other puppers at the bridge, running & playing...and everytime I see a rainbow or hear "our song" I think of you. I have to say thank you for introducing me into the world of the love of greyhounds, without you...I never would have known it.

I miss you Sadie-Grey & I will always love you.

Oct17484.jpg

Edited by snowy8

Guest shadesofgrey

Sadie-Grey is looking down on you today with love from the bridge. She's waiting to greet you with a big wet kiss someday when you are together again.

Guest cnewsome

I'm sure your Sadie-grey played and ran with my Bullet at the Bridge when he crossed two years ago today...

Bullet was my first greyhound and also opened the door to others to follow. :)

Guest how888

Hilda, I just know you are going to hear' Somewhere Over The Rainbow' this week. You have touched so many of us here on greytalk with your kind words, always comforting us when one of us lose our grey.You know I have tears running down my face. It's so hard to come on to this site but it's where I met so many of my friends, thanks to Howie.It was Howie that brought me to remembrance and I will always come here for others. You are an angel gracing our earth,taking care of your beloved kingdom of greys.You trusted my family enough to give us another , Smokey. Thank you Hilda and our babies are running with the best up there...Just believe and watch for Sadie's sign. f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow:gh_run:gh_run Thank you for the healing words this morning in my e mail.I needed that.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Forever in our hearts. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Winterwish

How beautifully you write about your wonderful girl,Sadie.She must have been a very special baby. Thank you so much for sharing that. If I could love my boy more, you just made that happen.

For Sadie :f_pink

Guest Snowy8

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink :f_pink :gh_lay:f_pink

Thank you all for your sweet & kind words. She was so special to me, the people who owned her I guess, knew no better & kept her outside. She had been dumped on a gravel road because "back then" no one owned a greyhound for a pet & evidently someone had gotten her from a breeder & her surgery went wrong. I guess they hoped either someone would find her or she would die. She lived & found someone to take care of her but they didn't know you kept a greyhound inside not outside in a little wooden house. When I got her, she was 10 yrs old. I suppose that's why I love seniors so much...although she never ever acted like one. For 8 yrs she lived outside & was treated like a dog...but when she came to live with me, she was treated like royalty. She laid on my couch, enjoyed the warmth of a fire place at night, road in my convertible & I made up for all those years of being treated wrong. As long as she was with me, I refused to adopt another greyhound and when she died...my heart was empty & I had to have another. In all my life, I have to say she is the most wonderful thing that ever happened in my life.

Sending you many hugs and much love. Of all the people who have told me that my puppers are happy playing and waiting at the bridge your messages have just seemed to touch me more. Sadie-grey is waiting and sending you rainbows just like my boyz are, she is so proud of her legacy :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Jim was my first greyhound. The first is sooo special.

Sadie found her perfect home rather later than most, but you must have given her comfort even when she lived next door, out in her backyard. It must have been heaven for her when she was allowed to come and live with you. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Hugs Hilda, I know how hard things are for you now. You know she's waiting for you!!!!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest trevdog

What a wonderful tribute to her.....my eyes are watering. It's true, one opens the door to your heart so others can follow, and your life is forever changed.

Hugs,

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest tygar

I'm crying over that wonderful tribute! She must have been a very special girl! Thank you for sharing... I will hug my pups an extra time tonight for Sadie.

Guest BellaDonna1

Oh Hilda.....I am so sorry. You have so much going on right now. Sadie grey you started a very special lady on a road of very special greys to follow you. Thank you Hilda for loving these babies so much and giving them such a special home.......jan and the gang

Guest dogma

I feel your pain so much, I still miss my Ray everyday. I am sure that Sadie is watching over you and smiling knowing how many others like her you have helped. Smoky and I personally thank you for taking care of him while he was waiting for us.

:grouphug:f_whitef_yellow

Thank you, Sadie, for teaching your momma so well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow...what a wonderful tribute. What a very beautiful girl.

I do believe that you only get that "one" dog once in your life. Chaos is our heart dog, and I know that we will cherish every minute with her for the rest of OUR lives, not hers.

Sadie-Grey was a very lucky girl to get to know you. Though she lived 10 years away from you, I'm sure the time she did share with you MORE than made up for 10 years of not such a greyt life.

I hope you are part of the Welcoming Committee at the bridge, Sadie Grey. You did your Momma well.