Remembering Ailish

SarahMarie

It's almost been a year since my dear, sweet Ailish passed away (February 12, 2004). I have been thinking about her more than usual in this week leading up to that sad day and wanted to post something about her now before I become more of a basket case. I just went back and read all the posts about her, from during her illness right on to when she passed away. I want to say thank you again to everyone who was there for me during those difficult times, it meant a lot to me. I just finished reading this thread (click) and when it came to Beth's post giving the news that Ailish had passed all that pain and sorrow from that night slammed me hard and I cried as though it was only yesterday. There are some photos of Ailish I took that night shortly before it was time to let her go. Months later I had them developed but have not been able to bring myself to look at them. On February 12 I will, and if I can I will post them here.

I want to share this thread (click)with you, it's what I wrote in memory of Ailish the day after she lost her courageous battle against osteosarcoma.

Ailish, my angel, you are always in my heart and in my thoughts, a piece of you lives on inside of me. I love you and I miss you with all of my heart. Be happy and well now. You will never be forgotten.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. We don't ever get over the pain, do we?

Take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful home, and most importantly, love.

God bless you.

Edited by argolola

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I think of Ailish everytime I see that Pedigree commercial with all the different dogs. When they say "the purebreds" they show 2 Salukis and I think of her. She was beautiful. :)

Guest Meredith

So this is where we part, My Friend,

and you'll run on, around the bend,

gone from sight, but not from mind,

new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,

life measures quality, not its length.

One long embrace before you leave,

share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,

but they be they, and they aren't you.

And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,

will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,

the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.

And as you journey to your final rest,

take with you this...I loved you best.

Copyright © 2002 by Jim Willis

((((Sarah))))

Ailish, you were a beautiful, brave lady and you're loved. I'll never forget how hard you tried to trust me, even though you were scared, and how much love I saw in your eyes for Sarah.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

((((Sarah))))

Ailish, you were a beautiful, brave lady and you're loved.  I'll never forget how hard you tried to trust me, even though you were scared, and how much love I saw in your eyes for Sarah.

1274315[/snapback]

Thanks, Beth, I truly appreciate all you did to help me while Ailish battled the cancer and for being there that dreadful night when it was time to let her go ...

:cry1 I am so wracked with pain and the crying is uncontrollable. It was at this very time last year, February 12, 2004 that I spent that final hour with Ailish here at home saying goodbye before we went to the vet's. Hugging onto her, crying, telling her how much I loved her and what a brave girl she was, and in between the tears I took a few final photos of her. This was one of those photos ...

AilishafinalphotoFeb122004.jpg

Ailish, I miss you terribly and love you so much

I feel your pain.I lost Howie one year ago this week too so I know they are together 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" just watching down on us. Godspeed!! May all your beautiful memories bring you comfort. :f_pink

Sarah, you always just kill me when you talk about Ailish. I have not ever read one of your posts about her without turning into a blubbering idiot.

That picture just kills me...looks like she had so much life left in those eyes. :weep

At least she knew love in her last years with you. A life cut TOO short...just so unfair.

I know you're up at the Rainbow Bridge running all the beauty competitions. You are an amazing girl.

Ailish, you and your momma gave us all a lesson in strength and courage. I'll never forget you either. Rest well, lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's amazing that a year has already gone by....I remember following your posts and praying for Allish to be well and free of pain. You gave her a wonderful life and she gave you endless love. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you feel comforted in knowing that she is running free at the Bridge.

Take care ,

:grouphug

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Those were some very sad days, I really felt horrible for you both. You trying your best to take care of her and Alish trying to pull through. You needed help and some that lived close to you were there for you. I had wished that I lived close to you so I could also help. The pain we go through when we lose one of our babies :crying whether it ours or anothers, still rips our hearts apart.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif