My Foster Hound Rival Passed Away

kurri1092

Well some of you know thisalready but on Nov 16 my foster dog Rival who was real sick has passed away and the vet said it was no one's fault as they did find like a poison from a mushroom in her call toad stool? and I know there is none in my yard and there wasn't any in any of the foster's home. Also they did a autospy and we are still waiting on the results from it as they took a piece from her liver and sent it to a lab for testing.

So we miss her a lot and she would have been 3 in Jan and now she is sick/pain free. And I hope to see her again one day to tell her that I am sorry for I tried everything to help her and to say sorry I didn't get to say Goodbye for I would loved to help her to the bridge and also I prayed for my 2 bridge girls to come and get her.

So now she can rest at peace

cb56584c785e2becdb246ee63242765a.jpg

Edited by kurri1092

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Run free, pretty girl. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Lauren, my sympathies to you and your family. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

I am so sorry! Run with the wind sweet Angel girl... :f_pink:(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sory. Lauren. I know this has been so hard for you :grouphug:f_white

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My hearfelt sympathy.What a beautiful girl and I hope all of your teasured memories can somehow hold her close to your heart for her spirit will always be with you."Somewhere Over The Rainbow" sweet one, run free with our bridge angels.Godspeed! :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest Broodmama

Lauren, I am just so so sorry. I know how concerned and worried you were about Rival. I had desperately hoped for a happy ending. My thoughts are with you.

Guest graggys7greyts

Lauren, I am so sorry to hear of Rival's passing. My heart goes out to you having you & her experience this. I know you did your best under the circumstances, as I, too, have been in between what I wanted to do for a foster, & what the adoption group wanted me to do. Nothing to the experience you went through, though.

f_yellow

Thank you Everyone for the condolences. As it is hard but I am glad that she is not suffering from whatever was making her suffer.

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Toad stools can be highly toxic. So can even picking up a real toad!! (to a dog)Who knows where Rival could have ingested something poison, but you know she was already sick when you got her to foster. The **best** part of this whole sad story is that she had you to LOVE her and I know she knows how much you did. Probably no one ever loved that dog in her whole life...so I think that is truly special.

Big hugs Lauren, until you see your beautiful Rival and your other grey angels in heaven. :f_pink