Need To Bring Annie's Ashes Home

Guest TheMackeyPack

Guest TheMackeyPack

Every day I say I am going to get them, and Every day I can't do it. I am still really torn up over loosing my sweet Annie girl. I dont know what to do :(

Guest BrockGusDad

No doubt, it can be a very difficult time. Think however of the comfort you will feel when Annie is home with you.

I agree that having someone go with you would greatly ease your anxiety.

Best wishes....

I know exactly how you feel but I have to admit I couldn't wait to get Howie's ashes as I felt I had him back again.I was alone and played some music and talked to Howie all the way home.I have him close to me now,pictures of Mary and St. Francis with him and I feel better.I cried constantly and still do at times,but I felt his presence and that helped.You have your greytalk family here for support.

I am sorry, this was the hardest part for me when I had to do it. I ended up having my mom get them and told her where I would like them placed. She did this for me and it took me about 3 days to touch the box but now I give it a loving stroke every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

:grouphug Take your time sweetie.. you'll do it when you are ready

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest auntiesara

Yes it is very hard. Even though we've been through it so many times that the crematorium knows not to mail them to us and know what to expect it's still hard. I was shocked to pick up Angel Mocha Doberman(our first) because her urn seemed so much lighter than I expected it to be. Once you get Annie home you will feel better to have her with you. We put Rosie on a desk beside her favorite dog bed until we could bury her. I agree with others-best to have a friend go too-you may be crying too much to drive the car home,at least that's what happened to me.

Sara

Guest goddessgina

I've been in your position and it is so very hard. But don't feel rushed. You'll know when it is time to bring her back home. When I brought my Bella's ashes home, I felt comforted knowing she was there with me again.

I understand how you feel. I have six of my babies home with me, but as soon as I got the call from the vet, I was in the car and off to bring them 'home'.

Today I can laugh about my Little Ray of Sunshine, our Siberian Husky who always travelled with us in our motorhome. We towed the Harley and whenever she saw us getting it ready for a ride, she would jump all around it trying to get on. DH told her she couldn't reach the pedals so she couldn't ride it!! :P When we had her put to rest and got the call that her ashes were back, DH took the bike to bring her home. Said she always wanted to ride it and this was her chance.

Take someone with you, you will probably be crying all the way home. :(

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest ecee413

It almost took me an entire month before I could go and get Hazel's ashes, but I'll tell you what. As soon as I brought them into my house, I felt better that she was home with me and my family. Now laying her ashes to rest is a whole other story