Rosie's Funeral Yesterday

Guest auntiesara

Guest auntiesara

We buried Rosie next to the rest of her pack.We were in Vermont with a beautiful feiw of pastures, distant mountains, and bright foliage. There had already been a frost so all there was still blooming was Queens Anne's Lace and red clover for her bouquet. I added some already dried wild flowers. Her little sister, Tango, who she had brought up from a puppy, asked to be let out of the house and seemed concerned about the grave. Sadie is showing aspects of of Rosie's personality like being clever at stealing tasty treats.We have to go on, but it's still hard.

Sara

:f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a nice way to remember her. :grouphug:f_pink

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

You are so special in my eyes.You have a gift of compassion that shines so bright and through you I was finally able to let go and let God.Howie was just a baby and I know now he is up there with all the other bridge angels ,running through those beautiful fields of daisies.I would just love to see that place you described where she is buried.It sounds so peaceful.God Bless you and Rosie is at peace now "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".Her light shines over all of us. :f_white:f_white:f_white

Guest auntiesara

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts. We're very lucky that my Grandparents left me a beautiful property with an old farm house. We have it protected from future development and can keep it as a sanctuary for wild turkeys, deer, moose, and coyotes... and coy-dogs according to our neighbors.....since I joined Vermont Land Trust. Next month I'll take a picture of our little cemetery. At the moment we have field stones to mark the graves but will get granite footstones in the future. It is in the garden my Grandmere planted as a memorial to Grandpere. (They weren't French, but learned French through Berlitz to travel to visit friends in France. Grandpere told us that he travelled throughout Europe in his youth and always could communicate by finding other Yiddish speakers.)

Anyway I'll post a picture.

We seem to have so many losses on GT recently, so I know many of us are thinking of our Angels playing together so happily and we know that others here care about us and won't say,"it was only a dog-you can always get another one." Again, it helps me to talk here. Charlie can't bring himself to read the remembrance section but I tell him about Rosie's responses.

Sara

Hi Sara:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Rosie. The loss of a loved one wether it be skin or fur can be so very hard. I just want you to know that all of us feel your pain as we have all lost dear pets. Love knows no boundaries it can make us feel so happy or it can make us feel so lonely and sad.

Just take some comfort in knowing that she is with the rest of the angles romping and playing and waiting for the time when she and the others can be reunited with the ones that were left behind.

Dennis

:f_pinkf_yellow:f_white:gh_runner:gh_run2