A Year Ago...

GreyhoundNan

A year ago this past Friday, I was sitting in the basement singing "Oooh Child" to my boy Bo, promising him that when he got better he could sleep on the couch upstairs again.

A year ago this past Saturday, DH took Bo to the vet for his daily round of fluids after his biopsy to diagnose IBD/Lymphangectasia.

A year ago this past Sunday, I cried and thought that I'd never smile again, because my Bo had gone to the bridge the day before.

Last Friday I listened to "Oooh Child" and I cried...but not as much.

Last Saturday DH and I talked about the good times we had with Bo, and we laughed.

Yesterday (Sunday), I told Bo I loved him, and that I'd never forget him, and realized that my heart had healed...mostly.

"Oooh, child, things are gonna get easier...Oooh, child, things'll get brighter...Someday, we'll walk in the rays of the beautiful sun, someday when the world is much brighter..."

We love you, BoBo...can't wait for that Someday.

love,

Momma

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

:cry1 Gotta go find some Kleenex. :blush Sweet Bo knows how much he is loved, and is with you in spirit always. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:cry1:bighug:angel:angelwings:candle Nan we all know how deeply you and your dh cared and adored sweet Bo, I'm sure the feeling was mutual. Glad your heart has healed some, but as we all know it never heals completely because we miss them so darn much.

Hugs,

Karen

Praying for all the missing greys!

:cry1:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:grouphug:angelwings:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Has it been a year already? I remember you posting about dear Bo and feeling so sad for you. I'm glad you are able to remember him without so much pain....

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Thanks to all of you...I posted this and then just needed to be away from GT for a few days...and return to the same love and understanding that I know I can always find here. I'm no longer with the adoption group where we got Bo, and none of its leadership ever bother to contact me to see how my dogs are doing...so I want to say thank you to GT for becoming my surrogate adoption group. You guys are the best~

I too can't believe it's been a year...I was receiving messages from Bo via an animal communicator that I know, but nothing in a long time. She says she feels that he's moved on, and while I'm glad of that it was sorta nice to think he was still standing guard under the big pine tree, keeping us safe from the dreaded squirrels.

I'm going to suggest that we put Bo's muzzle, martingale/leash, and leather collar away to DH. He's kept them hanging up like a shrine, and I think it's time to put them somewhere for safe keeping.

Thanks again guys...GT'ers are the best.

N

Edited by NanLassiter

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif