Callie Aka Cbar Gena

Guest mleg2001

Guest mleg2001

Callie a greyhound with fire, spirit and spunk right to the very end, these last 6 months she has blossomed more than I could ever believe, she seemed to be always adding new surprises and today was no exception. This morning she woke up feeling pretty comfortable(I had gave her an extra dose of medication thru the night) so I got the first tail wag in a couple of days. On our morning walk as we are heading back she started pulling ahead, all month I have been forcing her to slow down afraid she would stumble and fall but having made the decision already it made no sense to restrain her any further, so I gave a little whoop and said let's go and she began her 3 legged run as she did so her eyes lit up and she tossed her head and grinned, as I jogged beside her, for that few seconds of jog I had my impish Callie back again. Since she had already refused her breafast earlier I decide to try a marrow bone cookie, surprisingly she ate it, so I continued put out more till she ate her fill. When it was nearing time to leave for the vet I decided to take her a little earlier after seeing how happy her jog made her, I decided to give her a little jog again if she could handle it and sure enough I got another opportunity to see her face just light up, I missed seeing the way she always lit up when playing in the yard and I wanted her to be happy one more time, we finished the jog right into the vets office, she was happy and calm and lead me right into the examining room that was set up for her, and she flopped down on the blanket that was set out for her and looked up at me with this contented look on her face, she was never so relaxed there as she was right at that moment usually she is trembling and panting. I signed the papers as she was getting prepared with the cathereter she was so calm and serene. I had warned the vet she is not a cuddly girl and I would likely have to wait till she was pretty much down before I could hug her, as they were ready to start I decided to try anyway, for a second she pulled away and suddenly relaxed and laid in my arms as I gave her a kiss and the meds were delivered, as I am hold her I am expected her to slip quickly like Buddy did when I helped him cross but suddenly she starts nuzzling me and hugs and kisses continue but the vet realizes she is not going down and will need more meds but decides to give me and Callie more time to cuddle, a couple minutes later it was time to say the final goodbyes. I may have set Callie free from her pain but she gave me a far greater gift today in exchange, the moments we laid on the floor together and cuddled for the first time ever will be fondly remembered forever. :wub::angelwings

Goodbye my sweet baby girl take care of Buddy for me till we meet again. I love you, enjoy yourself running free, whole and painfree once again.

IM000200.jpg

Edited by mleg2001

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop crying. Run free sweet girl...run with the wind with that precious grin on your beautiful face. Know that you are loved and missed. Look down on your family until you meet again. My deepest sympathy. Godspeed Callie. :f_pinkf_yellow:f_white:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Bless you for giving your girl some smiles today. She could have had no one better to love her.

Godspeed, Callie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Your story brought tears to my eyes. How sad and touching for you both. I am so sorry for your loss! :grouphug:f_pink

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Jillybug

That was a really beautiful tribute to your dear Callie. I haven't been on this board long...but I have really enjoyed hearing about her the last couple months. You gave her a wonderful life, and a wonderful gift - even in her last hours. I'm glad she let you know how she felt about you, too.

Godspeed home Calle.

:f_pink

Guest Meredith

I'm sitting here sobbing --- what a beautiful last day together, and I'm sure it was exactly as she wanted it to be, a sweet memory for you in spite of the sadness of letting her go.

Godspeed, sweet Callie....

Guest PrestosJeff

I'm so sorry for your loss, but hope that you will be comforted by the time you spent with Callie everyday, and especially today. You are brave and compassionate; bless you. Godspeed, Callie.

:angelwings:f_red:f_pink

What a wonderful gift you were given today to have Callie seem like her old self. And in return you gave her a gift as well. Know that becuse of the love you gave her and the strength to let her go you have shown what a true bond of love between our pets and humans is all about. Sending prayers to help mend your broken heart. Godspeed sweet Callie, you will be sorley missed.

Hugs!

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest FullMetalFrank

A very touching and beautiful story about a lovely girl... I am so sorry you had to let her go. Please accept my condolences. Run free Callie, go have a nice romp with my Iberia and all the others up there...

I am so touched... Callie showed her love, and you were so present with her until her last breath. Godspeed, sweet baby girl. :angelwings

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

you gave her the most wonderfull gift and she gave you one in return. This was so touching I am crying.....I dont stop here often cause it brings up too many troubling memories of my heart dog Max. But I am glad I saw this post

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. I am sitting here crying with you.

Your baby has wings now :angelwings Run free at the Bridge, sweet Callie :gh_run2

God bless you Maria.

Edited by argolola

Guest ProudGreyMom

My deepest sympathies to you. Callie loved you dearly and you helped her to the bridge with diginity and kindness. Light a candle for her tonight. I did that for Ben and put a picture of him by it.