Can You Believe It?

Guest IndysDad

Guest IndysDad

I just gotta tell every body!!

Indy has been feeling a little down lately..not really his usual GH self,plus he's been chewing on himself too..so off to the vet to have a look; well after several hundred dollars for his heksa test and meds..I just got a call from the vet; it seems our boy is allergic to CATS (along with mites AND 3 types of grass) !!!

This is the dog who lives with 4..count 'em 4 cats on a 24/7 basis and is the most cat safe dog we've ever owned!!!!

I can't believe it!!! CATS!!!!

To make a short story long.we've had the vet order the proper innoculant to

desensitize him to the mites and grass..not sure about the cats though :P:P

Golly, I was hoping for something more mundane..like a food allergy or maybe something exotic like a dryer sheet allergy..wasn't really thinking a dog could be allergic to cats :eek

Just had to pass this along

P.S. anybody want 4 cats??

Guest IndysDad

Oh yeah!!! We checked with our vet & had them "add the cats" to the mix as well...it shouldn't present a problem..

I was sort of looking for an excuse to "farm out" the inside cats...the barn cats HAVE to stay as I just bought them 20 pounds of their favorite mouse flavored food!!!

Indy's Dad,

That is too bad about Indy. I hope the meds help...

I volunteer with team greyhound and heard rumors that you might be chipping??? Is there any truth to that rumor???

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest auntiesara

A less invasive treament for allergies is done by the holistic vet. It's called N.E.A.T. and can be done on people too. Rosie's allergies to housedust and wet leaves were helped this way. Good luck!!!

Sara

• 4 years later...
And if your cats were allergic to your greyhound would you give your greyhound up as well? :angry:

and you had to go back 5 years to find a post that angered you? :blink: especially since he was kidding about giving up the cats :P

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

And if your cats were allergic to your greyhound would you give your greyhound up as well? :angry:

and you had to go back 5 years to find a post that angered you? :blink: especially since he was kidding about giving up the cats :P

Thats exactly what I was thinking.... :blink:

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest ellieb

Curious...now that this old post has been dusted off...

How are Indy's allergies?

Still have 4 cats?

Did you chip?

Given that this is GreyTalk, not CatTalk,

I have a feeling you may not get the answer you expect :P

Maybe you're playing a delayed April Fools prank on us,

but I think if the Original Poster even was serious, an "angry note" isn't going to change their mind.

And as others have mentioned, the post is also several years old,

so the horse is quite "out of the barn," if you will.

I'm not gonna do anything weird like demand you apologize, but if I may suggest,

perhaps you should take a deep breathe,

and maybe post a topic in soap box next time :)

cheers,

-C

p.s.

I would sooo give up the cats if it were me :lol

p.p.s.

ok, ok, you caught me. :rolleyes:

I'm actually allergic to cats and don't have any, so I wouldn't have any to give away.

IPB Image

We are not even discussing a 5 year old thread.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****