Run Free Albert Collins, A Sad Farewell

ShanakilMagic

AlbertC.jpg

On 21st October 2002, Thornberry Animal Sanctuary

received a call from their vets about a Greyhound which had been taken in to be pts. As usual, they contact them when they get healthy dogs to be pts, to see if the rescue will take them. Naturally they did.

This lovely boy was collected and after a little conflict over whether to call him Albert or Colin, a compromise was reached and he was christened Albert Collins.

It transpired that he had lived on an allotment, and his bed had been a compost heap He was around 7 years old.

Albert had never known love and had no idea what affection was. Initially he made no repsonse to being stroked. There was no sparkle in his eyes and his head hung low. He had a broken toe and some hideous growths on his belly from sleeping on the compost heap. He ate, he slept, and he plodded along disinterestedly when taken for a walk.

After a little while Albert began to respond to lots of tlc. Everyone fell in love with Albert and he soon became one of the rescue's 'special' dogs. After a few weeks TAS found a wonderful home for Albert, wherein he had much love lavished on him. A warm bed, good food and most of all the companionship, love and care which he had been previously so deprived of. He was very happy.

Yesterday they received the very sad news that Albert had passed away peacefully in his sleep. He was in bed with his 'mum'. Pauline (TAS) said 'I am not ashamed to say that I wept a lot of tears for this gentle boy, in fact I am crying again now as I type this. I have known many, many dogs, and I feel somewhat bemused by the profound effect these poor unfortunate creatures have on me, after only relatively briefly passing through my life.'

Run free, dear, sweet Albert Collins. There is another star in Heaven tonight

AlbertCH.jpg

:(:weep:weep:grouphug

Clare and Dylan.

Run free sweet boy. I will look for the special twinkling star tonight. Bless and help heal those who love this very special little boy. :(:(:(:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Much sympathy to Pauline and the others who helped this handsome fellow with the distinguished name.

Godspeed, Albert Collins.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:( So glad he found love. Run free sweet boy.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

It doesn't seem fair that some receive so much love and others receive none. It breaks my heart. How wonderful that he at least had a year of happiness. I wish it could have been longer.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.