Pancreas blood panel

Nadine

Hi folks,

This time I have a medical question. My girl Saoirse (most of you know her) has raised pancreas levels in her blood work. All looks like pancreatitis.... but she doesn't show one single symptom.

She is eating like a horse, no big D, no passend gas, no sickness or vomiting. She runs and plays like a dog half her age, always wants to go on walks and sleeps like she is the only one who needs to be on the sofa. Plus she is not sensitive to touch , soft belly, loves belly rubs and happily roll over for them. Oh, and she weighs 32,6 kg since she is 3. 

Has anyone encountered something like this?

48799260pu.jpg

Latest pic I took of her. Saoirse in her new house. 

Of course, I am on it with my vet. But she hasn't seen something like that before.

Edited by Nadine

42 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

No help on the medical issue, I have never heard of anything like that. But I love her new house! It looks like a greyhound size version of those cat caves, and she looks sooo cute in it :wub:

I was so lucky to find one of those igloos used but in great condition. I always wanted one of those for my dogs. It is a handmade orthopedic bed (the number 1 here in Germany and it costs an arm and a leg if you want to get a new one) plus the fitting igloo. You put the bed on the igloo floor put the igloo on top and close the zipper. Super sturdy, leather bed inside.

• Like 2

You might consider doing an abdominal ultrasound to check her Pancreas out.  It could be there's some sort of tumor or something wrong with another nearby organ that's impacting how her pancreas works.  If that could also include looking at her intestinal wall thickness, that would help diagnose any IBD problems in the early stages. 

And a full thyroid panel - not just a quick one - including all the values:
TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). T3 or free T3 (tri-iodothyronine). T4 or free T4 (thyroxine). TPO (thyroid peroxidase antibodies), also known as microsomal antibodies.

There are several threads here on GT about current thinking on thyroid issues, but you'll need to search for them.  I suggest this because the pancreas and thyroid both deal with hormones, so if there's other hormone testing you can easily do, that would also be appropriate, IMO.  

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly