Drooling like a crazy

Hello Guys,

I have 9th months greyhound and his name is Marvel and he is not neutered yet. 

Sometimes he looks really tired. He doesn’t want to go for a walks. He is drooling a lot with clean sticky saliva. Temperature looks absolutely fine = 38 C.  Today we went to the vet we did full examination of his teeth and gums and did not find any problems. Additionally we decided to make a blood tests and urine tests and they perfectly fine. Liver and kidneys seem to be working very well and we don’t have any urine infection or any other inflammation. All analysis are totally fine. But the problem is still there…he is drooling like a crazy 😒 Suggestion was to have a look another 3 to 4 days for his symptoms and then repeat visit. To be honest don’t know what to do…

Did somebody faced with smth similar?

Thanks in advance!

Marv 1.jpg

How long have you had him?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Just 3 weeks :rolleyes:

Initially I thought that it might be due to high stress. Before he lived in breeders house which quite isolated on the island. He haven’t seen other people, other dogs, cars, nothing. So he is quite difficult dog and afraid of everything.

It could be stress.  Are his toilet habits OK?  Good poops and regular wees??  Is he eager to eat his meals?  Is he inclined to eat things he finds on the ground?

In general, excessive drooling sometimes indicates nauseau - like with people, they tend to increase saliva production prior to vomiting.  If available, an ultrasound of his chest and abdomen may be needed.

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

3 hours ago, spottydog said:

I’m thinking nausea as well. Also, has he been tested for hookworm?

Not yet, we already booked it for tomorrow.

Hope they will find smth :mellow:

5 hours ago, greysmom said:

If available, an ultrasound of his chest and abdomen may be needed.

Thanks for your advise.
Tomorrow we will check for hookworms if no results there then we will proceed wit UT testing.

Meclizine is an over the counter pill for seasickness and nausea.  Same formula as Dramamine but without the high price tag. If the drooling is indeed from nausea then ask your vet about it. I've only found it in smaller pharmacies but have also ordered it from Amazon.

https://www.petmd.com/pet-medication/meclizine-nausx-dogs-and-cats

Are you in the US or UK?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hi soon to be European mate! I believe he can be nauseous too, maybe the change of diet from the breeder to your house? What do you feed him? Does he want to eat grass/dirt?