DCM update

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FROM THE FDA

This is a podcast from some random person and her author friend.

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Apologies- I checked Dr Judy Morgan’s qualifications and it seems she has retired from practicing as a vet and is now an educator - advocate for the health and care of companion animals. Dr Conor Brady is the author of “Feeding Dogs” (quote from book - Dr Conor Brady forensically translates the available research on a great variety of topics, detailing for us not only what dogs should eat but what they are currently being fed. Crucially, modern diet strategies are linked to many of the diseases that plague our pets today, including obesity, cancer, pancreatitis and bloat. As the scientific and corporate tricks reveal themselves, the fantasy of a 'complete' diet falls away, replaced with the knowledge that formulating a balanced dog diet by ourselves is not only uncomplicated but utterly essential to their health and longevity.)

Edited by AUSgrey

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I've been keeping an eye on the latest videos from Dr. Morgan because we are feeding Purina Pro Plan. It has been the house food here for over 6 years and has been awesome, but I also know that the same supply chain supplies most of the dog food makers, so I am always worried about bad or dangerous ingredients or contamination making into the supply line. To her credit, her group is having samples of various foods tested by independent labs due to the many complaints last year that surfaced about sudden deaths in dogs eating various brands of kibble. She has basically said in each video that we should be checking each bag of food for an off-smell and watching to see that  our dogs aren't refusing to eat it. I'm tracking my Pro Plan lot numbers before discarding the bags just in case. I feel like she is sounding the alarm, but is very upfront that there is no proof of a problem found yet. I'd much rather be aware to watch for a potential problem than to be caught off guard when a dog has a reaction or illness to something. (This is not related to DCM, but rather the latest round of concern by many people who lost dogs and are pointing to kibble as the cause.) 

As with all online information/disinformation - do your own research and do what works best for your hounds. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
  • Like 1
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life