Mama and the Hooks

Mama Mia, like most greyhounds, came to us with hooks.  I spoke with Carol Becker, of Gods Greyts, at the greyhound event in October about this, and she gave me the Shelly Lake protocol of pills and liquid wormer.  It is a 12 week process of worming every two weeks, 6 times.  Mama Mia has had her second negative fecal since the protocol was finished.  One more and we should be considered cured.  If you are having a problem curing the hooks, think about trying this protocol.  It is very reasonable and obviously, it does work.  

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My clinic uses a similar 6-dose protocol, but with liquid wormer only. 

My retired barn kitty has been through both the rescue vet's deworming and my clinic's 6-dose protocol. She tested negative in October (for antigens as well), but once again has a raging case of roundworm. I wouldn't be surprised if the hooks are back too. (We didn't test because I found worms in vomit.) Sigh.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)