Practical information for new adopters and a refresher for others

macoduck

Here are two informational packets I wrote:

Lost Greyhound Emergency!  

https://www.greyhoundfriends.com/2022/06/lost-greyhound-booklet/

The link will take you to the GFNC page hosting the booklet. It is a free downloadable pdf with everything you need to know about what to do and not do when your greyhound is lost. Read this now before your greyhound escapes because if you are not prepared your panic will be greater. Escapes happen to even the most experienced greyhound owners.

Take a look at the Greyhound Amber Alert page here on Greytalk and the long, long list of escapes. https://forum.greytalk.com/forum/24-greyhound-amber-alert/

An active list in real time is the Greyhound Amber Alert on Facebook. In addition to immediately notifying your adoption group of an escape and your local Animal Control agency, this should be next place you ask for help.  I am one of the moderators on the page and we are there to help you connect with resources and people to help you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreyhoundAmberAlert

I also wrote GFNC New Adopters's Guide

This is especially helpful for adopters with little connection to their adoption group. The link will take you to GFNC's page for this guide, along with other importation guides. 

https://www.greyhoundfriends.com/adopt/resources/

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky, you do so many good things for the greyhound community.  Thank you.  (And maybe you were thinking of me [if we ever find a big, bombproof boy who wants his own couch].)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of the wallet size GHI cards for anyone who needs one. These have the "at a glance" greyhound medical stats. If you want one, shoot me an email or a PM.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

5 hours ago, palmettobug said:

I have some of the wallet size GHI cards for anyone who needs one. These have the "at a glance" greyhound medical stats. If you want one, shoot me an email or a PM.

I keep one in my wallet at all times and also give one to any new vet we see.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound