Starz (Under Da Starz) 1/27/2009 - 6/22/2021

Time4ANap

I am so sorry to read this. Although she was only with you for a few weeks, they were pretty awesome weeks for her. But as we all know, no matter how long they are with us, it’s never long enough. My thoughts are with you and Chris (((hugs)))

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

No no no!

Crap! I'm so very sorry. It may be of small consolation, but Starz had a wonderful time with you. Just far far too short.

I hope you, DW, and Petunia are adjusting.

Aside: I hate hate hate when they rally at the end. I had a few extra minutes with Minnie, so we did what she loved--worked. She trained like a champion. :cry1 

Godspeed Starz.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

No no no!

Crap! I'm so very sorry. It may be of small consolation, but Starz had a wonderful time with you. Just far far too short.

I hope you, DW, and Petunia are adjusting.

Aside: I hate hate hate when they rally at the end. I had a few extra minutes with Minnie, so we did what she loved--worked. She trained like a champion. :cry1 

Godspeed Starz.

Thanks everyone. 

I'm sure that Starz thought she was going to go and work the crowd for pets and treats somewhere which is why she rallied.  Her family took her to meet and greets for the adoption group almost every weekend for years before she came to live with us. She was a rock star on the meet and greet circuit and I'm sure she was responsible for lots of hounds getting homes. We are really missing her, and even though she was only here for 6 weeks, she instantly became attached to us, and we were very attached to her. 

I had to use the leash to get Petunia to go outside a few times in the last few weeks, and every time the leash came out, Starz would come running to the door expecting to go somewhere.  Her mind and her heart were ready for anything. Her body could just no longer keep up with her spirit. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life