when to discard prescription drugs

Finally throwing out some drugs from my late, greyt greys unless of course I shouldn't...when I think of the money spent on them and the fact that they may not have even worked, I could cry for my pups all over again.

Anyhoo, is there any sense in keeping GABAPENTIN from Jan. 2019 (200 mg quad tabs), PREDNISONE from 2013 (10 mg), TRAMADOL from May, 2019 (50 mg), TRUPROFEN from Jan 2019CEPHALEXIN from 2013 (500 mg) CLINDAMYCIN from 2013 (150 mg), CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL (200 MG) from 2015.  APOQUEL from 2018, MURICIN OINTMENT from 2018?  I know some stuff lasts a long time and others, not so much.  But, when they are dispensed from a giant bottle in the vet's office and expiration dates are not noted on the little bottles sold to me,  I tend to hold onto them and not just for sentimental reasons,.

Any help much appreciated.

Two years is the longest I'll keep anything except Amicar or Tranexamic Acid. Those I keep longer, just in case of a bleeding emergency.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I agree, pills/capsules I will keep about two years past their date, ointments and liquids I would discard sooner if opened. Most drugs aren’t dangerous past their date, just less effective, but I don’t know for sure the few that can be dangerous, so I don’t take chances.