Sids toe...Histiocytoma?

Poor Sid.  This developed a week ago.   And going to the Vet is not easy these days, but they did look at it and couldn't find a sliver or anything stuck in it.  They prescribed an antibiotic and Metacam.  Soaking 2x daily. 

The toe itself was swollen and painful then and he was ever-so-slightly lame on it. 

The lesion has not grown any bigger and the nail is quite firmly attached.  The toe itself is not swollen or painful now and he is still doing lots of yard zoomies.   He has not had any Metacam since Wednesday afternoon.  He has 4 days antibiotic left. 

I have to keep a little cotton boot on his foot as he will.not.stop. licking it.  Either that or he would need to be muzzled all the time.

I will take him back to the Vet on Monday if it still looks like this.  

Image may contain: dog

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Sid, buddy....

No licking!  Feel better soon! 

Petunia and Kate

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Has the antibiotic helped at all??  It sort of looks like he poked a stick in the end of his toe and it got infected.  Toni used to do this all the time, and they were the devil to get to heal up - feet are always extra hard because they are used so much!  Toni ended up having to have a toe amputated because it wouldn't get better.  We treated it for months and months before hand.

I'd still xray, just to make sure there's no bone involvement as sometimes infections can begin to impact the smaller toe bones very quickly.  And it's possible it could be some sort of cancer.  But probably just a flesh wound.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• 1 year later...

Our Emma has had this lump for a good month now....last week the vet said it was not serious and that we should keep an eye on it....this past week it appears to have grown a bit....I think next week we will take her in and ask them to pull a sample and determine what it is.  The vet never said what he thought it was....I am guessing from looks and feel of it...most likely Histiocytoma.   Anywho...we need to find out..all I can do now is put antibacterial on it.

-4969354058221391005.jpg