Potty Training Set Back (Maybe)

After more than 2 weeks of pottying perfection - no accidents in house, pottying consistently in the right area in the yard on the grass- Jenny has decided that the concrete area next to the patio is just dandy for toileting. What's up with that!? This is a new one on me. Never had a dog switch from grass to concrete.  :dunno

Our yard is quite deep and wide so I'm wondering if something scared her back there and she is now reluctant to go 

I know what to do. Start Housebreaking 101 all over again, take her out on lead to the grassy area with a pocketful full of high value treats and wait till she 'goes'. Rough on me at dark thirty in the early morning in my slippers and pjs but you gotta do what you gotta do.

However...clean-up, specifically of poop, is ever so much easier on concrete. I don't have to go on poop-patrol every day searching through the grass.  Just bag it, toss it in the poopie dedicated trash can and hose the area down.  No more dry, yellow spots on the grass. No more caca-foot after inadvertently stepping into a pile of caca I missed on patrol. 

A healthy dose of Nature's Miracle or (maybe white vinegar?) should keep the odor at bay.

What say you Gt'ers?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

2 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

washing the concrete as you clean will keep the odor at bay. the run off from the vinegar will kill the grass that it meets.  clean/wash/poop/clean/wash should work. 

You're right about the vinegar! Thanks for pointing it out. I'm worried that the Nature's Miracle might make the floor slippery. Time to Google how to remove pee smell from concrete/

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

3 minutes ago, LaFlaca said:

You're right about the vinegar! Thanks for pointing it out. I'm worried that the Nature's Miracle might make the floor slippery. Time to Google how to remove pee smell from concrete/

you shouldn't need a lot of nature's miracle, wash, spray a couple of spritzes and forget about it until the next round.

41 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

you shouldn't need a lot of nature's miracle, wash, spray a couple of spritzes and forget about it until the next round.

Gotcha!   :)

2 hours ago, Bizeebee said:

Sounds like it's time to fill that area up with patio furniture and other stuff so she can't get to the new favorite poop spot :)

Regretfully, that area is uncovered and gets mega hot especially during the Miami summers. It also serves as a mini basketball court for the family. 

Oddly, she hasn’t used that area to toilet today. She’s gone on the grass. Who knows what’s going on in her pointed, little head.  

17 hours ago, Remolacha said:

“Heh Heh, I’ve really got her going now!” :lol

Is Jenny playing mind games with me?  :lol: