Flea/tick Preventative For Epilepsy Hounds?

Will be relocating to TN soon and I would appreciate any advice regarding flea/tick preventives. I have just looked up NexGard and their FAQ states "Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures." I have two that fit the bill and would love to hear what others with similar concerns use. We have not needed to use any preventative in AZ.

Naturally my Vet just left town on vacation, I will check with her in a couple of weeks.

Also -- have you had any success with the ant/flea treatments for yards? My son says he's been treating the yards for a couple of years and hasn't seen any pests on their dogs.

Thanks for your help.

Jody

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

my whippet breeder told me about this https://www.wondercide.com/?SID=kdck37dvrrlfgcu0oa8ivk9tf0

but i would contact the gh group closest to your new location and pick their brains. they know what works and doesn't .

Greyt idea, thanks :)

My vet said I can't use Nexgard for my girl who has epilepsy. Frontline Plus is fine for us.

Glad to hear that. Thanks.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie

Keep it simple, don't use any combination killers. I use Iverheart which is for heartworm. My dog gets the Lyme vaccine every year so I worry about ticks but at least she is safe from Lyme.

Some of the yard sprays may contain rosemary which can be a trigger for seizure dogs.

Lyme vaccine -- news to me, good to know it's an option. Thanks.

Keep it simple, don't use any combination killers. I use Iverheart which is for heartworm. My dog gets the Lyme vaccine every year so I worry about ticks but at least she is safe from Lyme.

Some of the yard sprays may contain rosemary which can be a trigger for seizure dogs.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie

My vet said I can't use Nexgard for my girl who has epilepsy. Frontline Plus is fine for us.

Frontline Plus sets my friend's seizure dog off. She uses a natural essential oils spray. Some people's dogs have also had a reaction to the products containing cedar oil.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."