Entero Tru Benefits

Guest evelynr3

Guest evelynr3

When one of my Greys (3) had to have some teeth pulled due to bad gums, the vet gave me a bottle of Entero Tru Benefits-good for gums and gut. I also ordered some on line. I brush his teeth 3x a week. I cannot see a difference, but was wondering if anyone uses this or another product. Thanks so much. I just had to put down this morning my 4th dog-not a Grey-anal sac cancer. It truly sucks for him and us.

I've never heard of it, and I'm not a believer that tooth brushing really helps much. It seems that dogs with bad mouths suffer from gum disease, not "bad teeth." You can brush the teeth until the cows come home, but if the crud is under the gums, it won't help.

For many if not most dogs and cats, bath mouths are genetic.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I respectfully disagree, in part. No doubt dogs with genetically bad teeth have more challenges, but brushing at least delays the time between dentals, and that is a good thing in terms of risk and money.

It has also been my experience, YMMV, that using multiple products is helpful. So we brush daily, use Healthy Mouth, and give also chews a few times a week, and granted my current hounds have pretty good teeth, they go many years between dentals, and even then, I don't wait until they are awful, instead try to take advantage of any other reason anaesthesia might be needed to get everything done at once.

Arlie, my first greyhound, had the truly awful teeth, but I brushed religiously and although she needed a couple of dentals over the years, it worked really well. My sense is that removing the surface crud regularly slows the accumulation under the gum line a great deal.