Update On Stella

GreyStella

I have now had her for 3 months. She is much like having a tall cat. She has only barked once, sleeps most of the time and shows zero interest in getting on the furniture or the bed. While part of me wishes she would be a bit more affectionate, she does seem to enjoy it if I get down on her bed to cuddle with her. I see her barriers coming down. Sometimes she's just not sure. She loves walks, strangers and the dog park. She has no bad behaviours, but doesn't show any interest in learning anything. I do love her to pieces and she is the perfect pet for me.

I have now had her for 3 months. She is much like having a tall cat. She has only barked once, sleeps most of the time and shows zero interest in getting on the furniture or the bed. While part of me wishes she would be a bit more affectionate, she does seem to enjoy it if I get down on her bed to cuddle with her. I see her barriers coming down. Sometimes she's just not sure. She loves walks, strangers and the dog park. She has no bad behaviours, but doesn't show any interest in learning anything. I do love her to pieces and she is the perfect pet for me.

This is exactly My Ruby. Gotta love those tall cats.

Karen

I'm glad that Stella is settling in, and she's just reaching the point where her own unique personality is starting to shine through!

Do you meet up with any other greyhounds in your area? If not, you might consider doing that ... she may show you what she's interested in if she sees a familiar face (e.g., another tall cat).

Tall cat :lol a very good description. I have had a few greys that were pretty reserved. They did warm up some over time, but that was just their personality. The signs are subtle, but you will learn to recognize them. The quiet ones can be very rewarding if you take them on their own terms.

think they DO recognize other greys... they always look at other breeds kind of funny...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge