Hugs For My Lizzie Dog

Guest jessicaksu125

Just seeing this. Sending you and your sweet Lizzie Dog cyber hugs and hope for a positive update.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest jessicaksu125

The vet wants to do some additional diagnostics tomorrow (one of their machines is being fixed today.) She was about the same... I'm really scared to have to draw that line in the sand... How much is too much to spend on an old dog :(

"How much is too much to spend on an old dog" Don't bankrupt yourself and end up homeless. Other than that...

Hoping for some good answers :candle

Ditto! But making sure she is not suffering while an answer is being found.

Edited by Fudge

Guest Scouts_mom

Will be thinking of you and sweet Lizzy tonight and tomorrow. I once had a Lizzy--like yours, she was the best dog ever.

Edited by Scouts_mom

The vet wants to do some additional diagnostics tomorrow (one of their machines is being fixed today.) She was about the same... I'm really scared to have to draw that line in the sand... How much is too much to spend on an old dog :(

Will further testing impact the outcome? Do they think they will find a way to fix her? Will it give you answers?

Good luck! You are in a tough position.

Guest jessicaksu125

Lizzie and I had a long -- but actually good night. I couldn't sleep (after 8 years of being gently kicked to move over while sleeping, you tend to miss it.) I went to see her and she was able to stay off her IV meds for an hour and a half. She was moving around more too, she clawed at her blanket to make her dog nest which was very encouraging!

I have opted for comfort care. There is a surgery that could possibly help her but given the costs, her age and the risks... it's not the right choice.

Love her madly every day. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.