New Here!

Guest Jordan33

Look into Olewo carrots for the poop issues. Do a search on greytalk and you can see how it has helped many people. Please remember your hound is making a lot of adjustments,her life is completely changed. Don't want to overwhelm her with too many things at once.

I second getting a harness for her.

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds.

Look into Olewo carrots for the poop issues. Do a search on greytalk and you can see how it has helped many people. Please remember your hound is making a lot of adjustments,her life is completely changed. Don't want to overwhelm her with too many things at once.

I second getting a harness for her.

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds.

Guest Jordan33

Scrambled eggs and rice helped out huge yesterday! No diarrhea! Today it was chicken, rice, and green beans. Today she's a different dog, full of energy, and wagging tail! Tomorrow we see the vet, and we'll see what is recommended going forward.

Guest Jordan33

Thanks!

We had a good vet visit. I was super impressed with the place. They even emailed me the notes of our visit afterward! Anyway, the poor girl needs to have her teeth brushed every night. She's got some stuff to take for her dry skin and for her insides to further help her feel better. She's actually at 54 pounds and needs to gain a lot of weight, so she'll be eating three times a day for awhile. But thankfully things are looking up!

Thanks!

We had a good vet visit. I was super impressed with the place. They even emailed me the notes of our visit afterward! Anyway, the poor girl needs to have her teeth brushed every night. She's got some stuff to take for her dry skin and for her insides to further help her feel better. She's actually at 54 pounds and needs to gain a lot of weight, so she'll be eating three times a day for awhile. But thankfully things are looking up!

Make sure your vet is familiar with greyhounds and knows what a healthy one looks like. I would be wary of her gaining "a lot of weight" especially on a smaller frame. We went from 77 lbs to 80 in our retired boy.

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com