Jeff Has New Problem - Neck Spasms

So good to see this !!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 6 months later...
Guest GoingGrey

I know this is a very old thread, but the title caught my attention because I just witnessed the same thing in my dog.

I think @tbhounds is right about electrolytes and/or steroids/prednisone.

Elvis' neck started doing this when the vet was giving him IV fluids for severe dehydration. He also happened to be on prednisone. As it was happening she told me this little spasm was normal and due to the fluids rehydrating him. I thought it was very interesting cuz what would have alarmed me was something she said was a normal/good sign under the circumstances.

Whether dehydration or electrolyte imbalances can also cause this when the dog is NOT in the process of rehydration and just due to steroid dosage, I'm not sure, but sounds possible and may be related?

No clue. But Jeff still experiences this occasionally, even though he is now on a greatly reduced dose of Pred. If all goes well I can start to taper him down mid-June, and assuming no disease rebound, he will be weaned off completely. It will be interesting to see if these episodes continue afterwards.

He had one this morning, while waiting for breakfast.

There have been other threads about similar focal-type seizures, and it seems for the most part that the dog can be distracted out of them, they are occasional, and no intervention is needed unless the situation escalates.