Just Got Some Olewo Carrots!

Guest WildSparkler

Guest WildSparkler

I've heard a lot about the Olewo carrots from this site, and nothing could make my grey's poo much worse! ;) This is the first time using them, and I was just wondering about how you introduce them into their diet, as she has a fairly sensitive stomach. For others, have you just started them on the recommended serving, gradually added up, start once a day/everyother day? Or does it matter?

Also, do the carrots help improve coat/dry skin? I have read that before, anyone else have similar results?

She is my first grey, and first Grey-Talk post! So excited to join the club!

Thank-you!:)

I make them each night for the next day. 1 Tbsp carrots, 4 oz boiling or very hot water, and cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap.

I feed half in the morning, and half at dinner. Just stir it into the food. Don't over think it.

No big improvement in coat, but huge improvement in output. Rocket has a sensitive tummy and there was no need to gradually add them or anything special needed. If you are adding anything else to food like pumpkin, yogurt, etc, discontinue it so you know whether or not the carrots work.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

for my sensitive stomach guy I did a small teaspoon and worked my way up to two heaping tablespoons. for my non-sensitive stomach guy, I just threw two heaping tablespoons on and called it a day. i really don't you can do anything wrong when they are getting carrots. the sensitive guy wasn't super excited about carrots at first so i add peanut butter to the mix. now everyone is excited about carrots!

yay firm poo!

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

When I started it a few months ago, I did the recommended dose, and it worked well for Annie. I wouldn't think an introduction is necessary. I mix up a day or a day and a half worth of it ahead of time. I use cold or warm tap water. It makes no difference with the final consistency. Only the amounts of each, carrots/water, makes a difference.

I refrigerate what I don't use. I don't know if it's necessary, but if I were hydrating a human dried food, I'd refrigerate it so I applied the same principle to the carrots. I usually mix it in with Annie's kibble using warm water but if it's cold water, Annie doesn't care. I will say Annie doesn't seem to be crazy about it. She eats it because I mix it well, but if any of it ends up in the bottom of her bowl with no kibble, she leaves it.

Edited by Feisty49

Guest WildSparkler

Thanks for all your input! She will eat almost anything, so that's no concern, haha:) I started just a little bit, but no issues! HUGE improvement in output already! I'm sold on Olewo Carrots!

I was telling people about Olewo carrots at the Gem event this weekend. One woman who is with the GEM group said she has a hound she got a year ago and he has never had a solid poop. I am excited knowing what a difference this will make.

I take about a tablesppon of carrots and beets, a spoonful of coconut oil and about a half a cup of hot water and let is soak for about 10 minutes. Since I free feed I put it in a bowl and my boys come running. They get this every day even when we are at an event.

I love a great product that really works.

Guest Johberry

When we were feeding kibble and/or air-dried raw (Ziwipeak), we used the recommended amount. Prepared it fresh before each meal with a teaspoon of coconut oil mixed in. Our hound had/has a sensitive tummy as well and had no problems with the Olewo carrots. Hope it works well for your hound!

I was telling people about Olewo carrots at the Gem event this weekend. One woman who is with the GEM group said she has a hound she got a year ago and he has never had a solid poop. I am excited knowing what a difference this will make.

I take about a tablesppon of carrots and beets, a spoonful of coconut oil and about a half a cup of hot water and let is soak for about 10 minutes. Since I free feed I put it in a bowl and my boys come running. They get this every day even when we are at an event.

I love a great product that really works.

I am also using the same combo - beets, carrots, and coconut oil. My two love it and lick the bowl clean.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown