Red Patches On Skin

Guest makaylan

Guest makaylan

So today I noticed that there are some wrinkly red patches of skin showing up on my grey, Lois. I'm not sure if it's anything bad or if it might go away so I thought I would ask you guys about it. The spots are inside of her back legs, the left is much darker than the right at the moment. There are also some small spots along her stomach that you can kind of see in the pictures.

She doesn't seem to be any more itchy than normal and the only thing that has changed in the last few days is that we got a cat. They haven't had much contact but I guess she could be having an allergic reaction to the cat...

Her behavior has been normal and she has been eating and going outside regularly. Has anyone else had this happen to their grey? I can take her to the vet tomorrow if I need to but I don't want to be overreacting about it if it's no big deal.

Here's the pictures:

Her skin looks a little whiter than normal because of the flash.The red part is wrinkly compared to the rest of her skin which is weird to me...

F0aiEI7.jpg

qyhrIP5.jpg

a couple of things can be going on, depending upon where you live and how long your dog is off the track.

new dog- just off the track their skin and coat get really strange while they are blowing farm/track coat.

you are now giving lois(love the name) a new well balanced diet, maybe some cold pressed salmon oil will help. but that takes around 6+ weeks to start working.

if your dog is not a new-bee than maybe it's dry skin and the start of a winter shed. greyhounds do get funky skin when they are blowing coat. skin and coat are both affected. even though it cold out many dogs start changing coats as the days lenghten.

maybe dirt? can't really tell from the pic or stained from licking. when they run the dirt splashes up into their groin and can look pretty cruddy. a warm washcloth will clean it up. don't rub hard, just pat since their skin is so thin.

interesting tat on the belly- ?

Guest BlueCatch

This is an interesting Tat. Catch had some red patches and dry areas when we first got her. We cut out dairy, ( she loved yogurt) and added coconut oil. Cleared up in 2 days.

Guest makaylan

I have had her since June so she is no longer a newbie. She's five years old now. Her tat is her spayed marking. I'll probably just give it a few days to heal since it doesn't seem too bad. It's been getting especially windy the last few days so maybe it is just dry skin from that....

How long ago was her spay? The hair looks shorter - skin rash from the shaving prep?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png