Snoop Dog In Da House.....

Guest Funkypaws

Guest Funkypaws

Hello! I posted here a while ago, wondering whether a greyhound puppy would be a good choice for our family. After lots of good advice from people here & elsewhere - and a lot of thought, we decided we did have enough time, energy & love for a puppy & three weeks ago we decided to go ahead, so here she is!

This is Snoop:

th_eab4466120ae99ed9c31ee47b6429db2_zps4

She's sweet natured, with lots of puppy energy - oh yeah, I see why they call them "land sharks"! She also seems very very bright, which I wasn't expecting - she's already learned how to sit & wait (as long as treats are involved!) and we don't even start puppy school for another few days! She amazed me by being more or less housetrained from day one - just one or two accidents which were mostly our own fault with timing. She also gets bored with toys very quickly so we are all learning to have a variety of different safe household objects to give her. It's a bit like having a toddler around again! So far she is hard work, but also cute & sweet and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better!

Forgot to add - she's just over 4 months old, and unlike either of my kids at that age, she sleeps through the night & is mostly housetrained!!

Edited by Funkypaws

Guest Funkypaws

I think I'm learning as much if not more than she is at the moment! I've never been the primary carer of a dog before. When I took her to the vet, he told me her skin was a little bit dry, but I could fix that with some oil. Flaxseed oil, he said should do it. So, like a total noob, I asked "So do I just.......rub it into her?" The vet, needless to say, gave me a look of quizzical amusement & said "No, in her food!" So, lots of learning ahead!!

But on the upside, the oil really worked & now she scratches less & has a beautiful glossy coat!

I think I'm learning as much if not more than she is at the moment! I've never been the primary carer of a dog before. When I took her to the vet, he told me her skin was a little bit dry, but I could fix that with some oil. Flaxseed oil, he said should do it. So, like a total noob, I asked "So do I just.......rub it into her?" The vet, needless to say, gave me a look of quizzical amusement & said "No, in her food!" So, lots of learning ahead!!

But on the upside, the oil really worked & now she scratches less & has a beautiful glossy coat!

:) a wise person once told me "The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask"......never be afraid to ask, whether it be at your vets or here, we all feel like other people know much more than us, and many of them do which is why you should milk them for as much info as possible! :lol. ( you can also be sure that somebody else will also learn something knew when you are learning) ;)

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

She's a cutie! Congratulations! :confetti I vote you post lots of pictures so we can watch her grow up. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Funkypaws

I'd love to! This is one of my favourites:

th_c74d4a0616beb3e0dc6a977ae2edfc12_zps8

This is what she did to my glass door in the first couple of days - no, that's not half frosted glass, that's doggie nose & tongue! I love the straight line she made as high up as she could reach, and her silhouette !

that's not half frosted glass, that's doggie nose & tongue! I love the straight line she made as high up as she could reach,

Puppy sn'art! :lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:) a wise person once told me "The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask"......never be afraid to ask, whether it be at your vets or here, we all feel like other people know much more than us, and many of them do which is why you should milk them for as much info as possible! :lol. ( you can also be sure that somebody else will also learn something knew when you are learning) ;)

And just think if you HADN'T asked!! Next vet visit, he'd ask 'Why is she all greasy?!?!?!' :hehe

She's adorable!! We need MANY MANY pictures!!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge