Crate Pad Suggestions

Guest Literaqueen

Guest Literaqueen

My Fly girl enjoys being in her crate, and I got her a nice cushy crate pad that can withstand her nesting and toy hiding. I noticed this morning, though, that part of the lining is fraying at a seam. Fortunately it's on the bottom where I hope she won't notice and start enlarging it. Eventually, though, I think I'm going to need a new crate pad, or at least a more durable cover. Suggestions for where to find one?

Stacks of blankets work great and can be easily washed and cheaply replaced (Goodwill, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc.). I have also used this crate pad for my girl's 42" crate; it's not super-thick but is very soft and can be machine-washed.

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest OPointyDog

If your dog has a tendency to chew or dig in their crate, I highly recommend PrimoPads. Our destructo-dog chewed up and shredded every pad I put in there, until this one. It fastens down to the bottom of the crate and is made of heavy-duty vinyl. Then I toss in a blanket or two on top and he's fine. Bonus that they are waterproof!

We use Primo pads too for all of our fosters. We've had them for years and they still look like new. They can even be hosed off. They are nice enough to use alone but we put blankets on top and it makes for a very comfortable bed. They are expensive but you'll never have to buy another crate pad again.

I use a bath rug for the bottom and 2 old quilts on top. Then they can nest if they want and I won't care as much if a foster tears up the quilt. Easy to clean also.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Guest Literaqueen

I would love to use a comforter, but she chews, as does one of my cats. I can't keep blankets anywhere near the cat or the cat eats them (seriously--the vet's never seen a cat do this, but mine does). I'll check out the Primo beds. So far my crate pad is holding up--just preparing for the future.

I use twin size quilted comforters.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho