New Designated Potty Area Project = Complete!

Guest Roc

Good AM everyone,

A few months back I had posted that I wanted to create a designated potty area for the dogs in the unused space behind the garage. After a lot of hard work, sweat and tears (jk), it's finally finished and I'm so glad we did this. Here are some pictures:

This is the pathway to the potty area. Before we adopted Tango, this area only had gravel laid so we added large stepping stones so they can walk more easily.

Highway_zps2f5af287.jpg?t=1400935434

And here is the actual potty area. We laid pea-gravel for this area and now it reminds me of a giant doggie litter box! haha

Bathroom_zps20d515c3.jpg?t=1400935446

Guest Houston1219

I love it! The fire hydrant is a nice touch! Lol Houston already has his own potty spot and we are filling it with pea gravel soon. Out of curiosity, was it very expensive? Did you buy it by the bag? By the pound?

We went with purchasing the pea gravel at a landscaping company in our area, one ton did the trick. We're pretty sure it was less expensive than by the bag for an area this size. Those bags at the store are so small anyway.

Tango adapted extremely quickly, by that afternoon he knew that's where he should go now. My Chihuahua on the other hand seemed 'inconvenienced' at the fact that she now must walk all the way to the back of yard but she knows the new routine. We have temporarily fenced off the actual grass area portion of the yard since we're in the process of re-seeding. So they are forced to re-route to the new potty area so I think it sped up their learning time.

It's so nice to not have a trail of mud on my KT floor on rainy days and it's so easy to find their 'presents' at clean-up time. I love it!

We just put a side door in the garage, with a short path of 4 pavers from the door. My boys refuse to step on the pavers. They jump out the door over the pavers, or walk out the side of the door around the pavers. These dogs get so set in their ways. You doggie area looks very nice.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

i wish I had enough room for something like that. My lawn has large brown / bare patches on it where Chancey does a wee & several plants have died or have burnt leaves where Banjo cocks his leg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Really nice!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown