Water Additives For Teeth And Gums

I took my new girl, Nova, in for a visit to meet the Vet and get a quick once over. Though her teeth are nice and white and she's been okay with having her teeth brushed every day, her gums show signs of gingivitis. I was given some CET dental wash to use in addition to the enzymatic toothpaste and the Petzlife products that I am already using. I was wondering if there's a good additive that I could add to her water to help keep plaque at bay and make her gums more healthy. Is anyone using an additive that they like and that has proven good results on the hounds?

Thanks in advance!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Healthy Mouth - www.healthymouth.com

As far as I know it is the only water additive with clinically proven results. And as a bonus, it was clinically proven using a test group of greyhound blood donors.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

It is vet exclusive but it is non-prescription. So you should be able to walk into pretty much any clinic that carries it and buy it. Or ask your own clinic to order it in for you. It seems pricy per bottle but it does go a long way. It is also cheaper if you buy the larger sizes. I buy it in the 1 L format which lasts about 4 months.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I've been using TropiClean for about a year now and it works really well. You can buy it at PetCo :)

http://tropiclean.com/products/oral-care/details/water-additive

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I use Dental Fresh. Nothing but good things to say about it!

Does it get rid of plague? How long have you used it on your dogs? Thanks!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

From my experience the water additives only provide a antibacterial properies to help reduce the formation of Tartar however, I still brush my dogs teeth every couple of days.

Kristen mom to-

Sp FancyPants (Fanny)- 4.20.12 Adopted 3.8.14

Rico's Maggie (Maggie)- 12.3.12 Adopted 1.21.15