First Two Hours Free In The House And...

Guest Rocket

Guest Rocket

I decided to try leaving Rocket alone for the first time - uncrated. Well, he was perfect. In fact, I got home and wasn't able to find him. It seems he went upstairs and slept somewhere. No messes. I think I will continue to crate when I work for 5 hours 3 days per week, but slowly start to include "free" time when I am going out for 1-2 hours.

We came home - he went right outside and peed and pooed. Good Boy :)

What a relief when you come home huh?

I remember leaving Chase uncrated for the first time. He had severe separation anxiety and would manage to ''destroy'' the crate.

I was so relieved when I came home after ''uncrating'' and he was fast asleep. Yay!

:)

I left Dane home alone for an hour yesterday and there was no destruction or accidents waiting for me! :balloonparty And while he was happy to see me, part of me even wonders if he noticed I was gone because he was so hyper-focused on the kong I'd set up for him hahaha

We have been very lucky with our two in terms of being able to leave them home alone uncrated. We have never had a single problem ever (knock on wood). I wonder if age of the dog has anything to do with it? We adopted Elliott at 6 yrs old and Lea at 7 yrs old. Neither of them have a particularly high prey drive. We also keep them on a pretty stable schedule of walks and turnouts, and give them a lot of attention when we are at home. My husband and I both work from home at this time, but it hasn't always been the case. We often leave them from 4 to 5 hours alone.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

Holly came to us right off the track at age two, and she has never seen the inside of a crate in our house. She was fine the minute she got here, so I'm not sure it's age related.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan