Questions On Rooing

Teague never roos either. He has barked maybe 7 times in the past 3 years. When he is in a pack of rooing greys he really perks up but doesn't seem to understand that he do it too! He reminds me of a kid on the playground watching a game the other kids are playing but not thinking he can join in himself :P My last dog was a malamute...she was the queen of rooing and talking.

Two of my three greys have rooed...I taught them how to do it on command (the command being, obviously, "roo".) They rooed spontaneously for every meal, treats, people coming over, me coming home, anytime they were having a good time. A very vocal foster has even gotten the chinese crested to chime in. :lol

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Guest 18tjettagrl

No Roos here either. Barking here and there outside but mostly squeak squeak squeak lol. She tilts the head when she hears others but has that confused look as if saying..."what's this???"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FrankieWylie

This just happened at my house......

Magic started out front.....then, for the first time, Reese the puppy rooed! Crazy town. She's 5 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr_Owski

One of my boys will shortly roo in the morning right after he stretches from getting out of bed.

Otherwise he's completely silent with one huge exception which I discovered by accident.....

When we were in a neighborhood dog run I picked up a blade of crab grass and placed it between my thumbs to make that reedy, squeaking noise. That got his attention in a heartbeat, and he began to roo along every time I blew to make a noise. Unconventional, but it works.

Ozzie has made very little noise yet :lol He did howl when I left to go somewhere the other day. I have yet to get him to roo.

Ace and Fritz did not roo unless they didn't think I could see them. I'd be in another room in the house and they'd roo. But if I came in, they'd just start barking opposite each other :lol Sutra, Pinky, and Carrie were not much for actual rooing, but, Carrie would point her nose at the sky as if she were howling...very little sound ever came out though :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Of my 3, MoMo and Spirit roo on a fairly regular basis. Piper never rooed at all, even during the "group roos" at Sandy Paws.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Rudy never really roo'd though he would listen with interest to rooing videos. However one day about a month ago he was rooing in his sleep. Then he woke up and continued for awhile. I had my video cam nearby and was able to catch it.

Guest nochoramet

Mort roos with encouragement. I played the video above and he joined in, LOL! He also will roo if I do it, but he doesn't do it just by himself. It puts him in a tizzy for a while afterwards though.

My Diana (a track grey) never was into roo-ing. In fact, it freaks her out. We were at a group picnic one time -had everyone gather for a group photo - BIG group - and somebody started to roo while we were all packed in for the photo - 50 plus dogs. I got Diana OUT fast. A few dogs rooing makes her antsy and hyper scared/excited/confused. THAT many dogs rooing - was asking for trouble, so we scurried away. BTW - we weren't the only ones - half a dozen owners and dogs fled that scene with panic in their eyes - so mine isn't the only dog not cool with it.

I posted a little while ago - that for some unknown reason - Diana will now roo to the song that our bridge-boy loved to roo to. No idea why - she always hated it when Sobe sang to Cattlecall. Now she does it. I still wouldn't have her around a group of greys rooing. Could get dangerous.

Barbie only sort of sings when I get home from work but it's not a roo really, and she punctuates it with barks if I take too long to open the front door. Olive (foster) does a high pitched cry, especially if she sees me go out the front door with one of the other dogs, I tried some rooing videos out on her but she just showed mild interest, no joining in. I *know* Olive is from a kennel of rooers too because when I picked up her sister one evening there was a big group roo.

Lila is a non-rooer. She doesn't even raise an ear for the videos of others rooing. She got kind of excited at a live group roo, but only produced a couple whines.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).