Some Good Thoughts And Prayers For Do Bee

All our Vets (4 at the time) said the nuts are always there, somewhere, it is just a matter of finding them. Both of my boys needed a U/S to find their errant nut. Dylan's was in his abdomen and Donner's was tucked along the inside of a hind leg.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I hope he doesn't have to go back under again. The poor boy has a bunch of stitches and he's sore as all get out. He's getting pain meds. He finally ate tonight so he must be feeling a little better.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Actually Judy, Dylan had retained BOTH of his "special male parts" and we were told he was neutered when we got him. The first one appeared as a lump on the inside of his leg and it was fairly simple removal. The second one showed in U/S when we were trying to find his intestinal blockage. Yeah, it was crystal clear on the U/S! The Vet, the U/S Vet, the Vet tech., and ME all said at the same time: "That's a BALL!!" There is also a cancer related to it, maybe certolicell or something like that. Dylan's nut came back positive for it. However his oncologist said that once the source, the nut, is removed, there is no further treatment or involvement. Also, Dylan did not need to be knocked out for his U/S either. He laid like a perfectly normal dog on the table while we prodded, poked, and flipped him over. Dylan was a serious spook too. :) I am not trying to scare you, just sharing our experience.

Hope Do Bee is feeling better. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Poor little goober

Pun intended?

Glad Do Bee is home. Hope he feels better soon. Really hope the other goober isn't there or can be recovered with less trauma.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Actually Judy, Dylan had retained BOTH of his "special male parts" and we were told he was neutered when we got him. The first one appeared as a lump on the inside of his leg and it was fairly simple removal. The second one showed in U/S when we were trying to find his intestinal blockage. Yeah, it was crystal clear on the U/S! The Vet, the U/S Vet, the Vet tech., and ME all said at the same time: "That's a BALL!!" There is also a cancer related to it, maybe certolicell or something like that. Dylan's nut came back positive for it. However his oncologist said that once the source, the nut, is removed, there is no further treatment or involvement. Also, Dylan did not need to be knocked out for his U/S either. He laid like a perfectly normal dog on the table while we prodded, poked, and flipped him over. Dylan was a serious spook too. :) I am not trying to scare you, just sharing our experience.

Hope Do Bee is feeling better. :)

Thanks for the info Wendy. Dr. B point blank said that if it turns out the other one is in there, it has to come out. I may request an US to see if he can locate it so he won't have to go looking all over for it. He said the one dog he did surgery on and couldn't locate the other testicle, when the dog passed he did an autopsy on the dog and it just was not anywhere to be found.

Do Bee is feeling a bit better tonight. He still walks really slowly though. Definately not my bouncy, smiley boy yet.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee