Not Again! Slick Is Limping

Seriously, Slick has only just healed from his toe amp and now this... Yesterday I was out picking up the yard and Slick was out with me. I was in an area of the yard behind the shed so I couldn't see him. I know he was doing laps because every few seconds he would run past me, turn and be off again. By the time I came around the side of the shed he was on the back patio holding his back leg up. While I was cleaning his feet I noticed that his front leg was bleeding a little, and of course he was holding up his hind leg. Once I got him iniside I checked him out and thought that maybe he pulled a muscle in his hip. By late last night it was clear that he was in some serious pain and I gave him a Tramadol. This morning he was still not putting any weight on his leg so I decided against giving him anything for pain hoping that this would keep him quiet while I was at work. When I got home, I could clearly see that the problem is not a pulled muscle in his hip it is his hock, it is very swollen. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning. We have some metacam so I will keep him comfortable until the vet can see him. Here are a few pics I got while he ate his dinner.

100_2427E_zps9a640b40.jpg

Sorry for the double post, I can't figure out how to delete.

100_2427E_zps9a640b40.jpg

100_2430_zpsbab13412.jpg

100_2432E_zps88767c2c.jpg

Everyday-4.jpg

Oh my! I'm no expert but it could be a ruptured tendon; maybe even some kind of compartment syndrome injury (if so needs prompt attn.). I think I'd be calling the Vet/ E-Vet and describing what's going on just in case.

:goodluck for Slick.

I hope it's easily fixed.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:hope:goodluck for Slick. Keep us posted.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Good thoughts for Slick today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just got back from the vet and nothing is broken, the achilles is in tact, it is just a bad sprain. We will give him metacam and it's back to leash walking for the next few weeks. I took a few more pics this morning that I will post after work.

Everyday-4.jpg

Good news -- or at least, better than it could have been! Hope he makes a steady and complete recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank goodness it wasn't something major and that leash walking will permit recuperation.

Go easy on that Metacam as long-term it can begin to compomise kidney function; a little bit of a twinge when they walk is Nature's way of stopping them putting their paw on the 'gas' too soon.