Tylan Powder

Guest Celestrina

Lexie has used tylan powder on and off for 4 years. It works great. My vet gave me this mixture to use....so it isn't bitter when u mix it with their food.

Mix 1 Tablespoon Tylan powder with 9 Tablespoons of cornstarch.

Dose...1/2 teaspoon-1 teaspoon per meal. Lexie was getting fed twice a day.

We also use vetri probiotic chews and they have helped too.

Edited by rschultz

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Tried to switch to it when we thought that Merlin was having side effects from chronic use of Metronidazole (we don't think that was it now), but had to switch back to Metro almost immediately because Merlin refused to eat it. It's very bitter, even worse than Metro - which has worked very well for him over the last 2 years, so we stuck with that instead.

I've heard from others that they have liked using it, though. :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

It's my clinic's go-to drug for diarrhea. Some of mine will eat the powder on their food; others have to be pilled with capsules which the clinic gets from a compounding pharmacy. When Minnie was first diagnosed with IBD, my then-vet suggested mixing the powder with a tiny amount of garlic powder. I haven't used that trick since, but it did work.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest BrindleBabes

I give it to both my grrls - we're down to 1/8 tsp. every three days, followed by a dose of probiotic the next day (not sure whether that helps, but the vet said to do it). I add the Tylan to the second meal of the day and they don't seem to mind the taste. Let us know how it works for you.

it's wonderful! my vet is really funny...he takes a big pinch w/ his massive fingers and opens the dog's mouth and puts it in- that's the dose for a 77# boy. i had to laugh- my hands are 1/2 the size of his. i figured out it's 1/4 teaspoon that he administered, i give it before feeding, no mixing, no nothing- just open la boca(mouth) and insert as far back as possible.