Online Suppliers Of Raw (Organic) Food

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

We got spoiled when we lived in Netherlands because our local specialty shop carried everything that anyone could want as far as raw and holistic animal supplies. I'm still not really happy with the selection offered by the stores in St. Louis (where we moved last summer).

I saw a post by Vers in another thread about this online supplier of raw organic food called Hare Today (thank you Vers!). The site looks great! Shipping appears to be rather expensive, although it is to be expected because of the frozen food.

What other sites are there to purchase raw food online?

If you buy raw online, have you ever had problems with the order arriving already thawed? Or any other kinds of problems with the products?

My Pet Carnivore out of Indianapolis delivers one day a month in St. Louis. You have to meet the truck at the designated time and place to pickup your order. Here's a link to the delivery schedule. They also ship UPS on Mondays.

I have heard many good things about them from people in Indianapolis. I think the last time I posted their info, there were some GT folks in Chicago who were using them as well.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Eyeblaura

Depending on where you are in st Louis Jeremy's Meat Market has ordered for me in bulk. They are in O'fallon. Treats Unleashed also offers quite a bit of raw but they can be pricey and they have a couple locations. Not sure about certified organic from either place though.

Guest grey_dreams
Depending on where you are in st Louis Jeremy's Meat Market has ordered for me in bulk. They are in O'fallon. Treats Unleashed also offers quite a bit of raw but they can be pricey and they have a couple locations. Not sure about certified organic from either place though.

Thanks! I guess you are in St. Louis :) Treats Unleashed is my shop for Primal Chubbs and home-baked cookies, but they don't offer things like raw green tripe, duck necks, chicken feet. I really don't want to feed the dogs antibiotics, hormones, steroids, etc that they would get if I purchased non-organic (like through a normal grocery store or market). At least Hare Today only sources select producers.

Edited by grey_dreams

A Place for Paws sells raw. I've only used them for treats so can't give you any info about their service. They do have a FB page on which they are constantly posting about their products so you could probably learn a lot there.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

My Pet Carnivore out of Indianapolis delivers one day a month in St. Louis. You have to meet the truck at the designated time and place to pickup your order. Here's a link to the delivery schedule. They also ship UPS on Mondays.

I have heard many good things about them from people in Indianapolis. I think the last time I posted their info, there were some GT folks in Chicago who were using them as well.

thats who i get my dogs food from-they are greyt; I have also used 'a place for paws' too but my pet carnivore only charges $10 to deliver!

Guest 2dogs4cats

Try to find a raw feeders group in your area. There is one here that orders all together from a restaurant supplier. The order is so huge, they get restaurant quality meat at wholesale prices. You can even order steaks for the humans too.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been using them for a couple of years.

BTW. We are their February Featured Charity

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org