Typical Track Diet?

Guest grey_dreams

Guest WhiteWave

That is pretty cool. Mine would probably like to eat the entire tub!

What type of kibble do they typically use? Do they use performance kibbles like a 30/20 or 24/20 or just anything?

Guest zombrie

I know Minerva was fed a mixture of kibble, beef, bananas and noodles...plus a rawhide bone frequently because she had a big mouth in the kennel and it was to make her be quiet for a little while :lol

Edited by zombrie

Thanks Dick! Very informative video. So it looks like they do mix meat and kibble together in the meal. That was one of my questions.

Remember I am not a trainer, here is what Dennis and another trainer had to say about what they feed or in Dennis' case fed.

From Dennis:

At one point I became so disgusted with dry feed quality and smell, I just stopped using it in the racing kennel entirely. Instead, I found a supply of fish meal to use as a binder. The dogs ran so well, it was a revelation. Not only that, but they looked better, too. I never used commercial grain for anything more than a binder, anyway, but getting rid of it entirely was one of the smartest moves I ever made. Its all crap....and the various "designer" crap costs more than Duck L'orange. Keep in mind this was in the day when we would add a huge stew, (cooked in a pot large enough to boil a small human in).

From the other trainer:

Depending on 'temperature' [cold climate] tripe' suet' lamb' with a stew, combining with 75% 'raw' meat, 20% high crude fat meal,

[hot climate] 75% to 85% 'raw' meat, fish oil, carb type stews, electrolytes, 15% meal,,'less' meal works for me.

The video is being slow to load, so I'll watch it in a minute.

Thanks Dick! Very informative video. So it looks like they do mix meat and kibble together in the meal. That was one of my questions.

Yep, they do here in the UK, too. Plus veggies!

I beleve that before Purina discontinued Hi-Pro a few years ago it was very popular among kennels. It was 27% protein.

And again, that's about the level of protein in the kibble they use here - think Brambleberry's is 26%. But all kennels use a speciality racing greyhound kibble. They would have to be nuts not to feed a working dog kibble, since they're tax-free and about a third of the price of the fancy 'pet dog' type.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop