Problem W/ Acana Ranchlands?

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

Angie recently had a problem with the big D. Fasted and fed rice and ground beef for a few days. Tried introducing 1/4C of kibble and she had D again. Have they changed the formula? This is the first bag we've had since the fire at the plant.

I feed the Wild Prairie version and no problems since getting it back in stock. I know that doesn't help, really, since the ingredients are chicken/eggs in Wild Prairie vs beef/lamb in Ranchlands :) We chose Wild Prairie over Ranchlands because of the $13 price difference per bag :eek: And, Bella is doing great on it, so no need to switch, I guess.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I bought a bag of Ranchland last week and it hasn't caused any problems with the big D here.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

The fire was in.... November? One of their three plants - it disrupted their supply for a while but it seems to be back now.

From Acana's website. The fire was in September.

Q. I’ve heard that there has been damage to your Kitchen in Morinville. What happened, are you still making ORIJEN and ACANA foods?

A. Yes, ORIJEN and ACANA will still be available at your pet specialty retailer.

On September 8th, an equipment malfunction in our kitchens damaged one of our ovens. Until we have our new custom oven in place, we are working our remaining kitchen around the clock to produce your dog and cat’s favourite food.

Because our kitchen capacity is temporarily limited, all sizes and diets may not be available in all markets, however you may not even notice a supply issue.

I've had a hard time getting Pacifica down here in AZ. The place I buy it at has had the small bags only. Since I feed this in the morning and Instinct at night it hasn't been too terrible, though with two dogs I'd like to go back to buying the medium size bag again. I'm due to pick ssome up over the weekend, based on what you are all seeing in your markets i'm hopeful the mediums might be back this time!

My regular supplier (Petflow.com) had the large sizes of all varieties back in stock at the beginning of January, for what it's worth. So it seems that production is back up to speed, may be just the distribution and restocking that is slow to catch up.

Still only the small bags on Pacifica where I buy. The owner did tell me she got some of the other blends in this week and was hoping hte Pacifica in the medium and large bags would be in next week's order. She did have large bags of Ranchlands so that must be one that's back in full distribution.

Still only the small bags on Pacifica where I buy. The owner did tell me she got some of the other blends in this week and was hoping hte Pacifica in the medium and large bags would be in next week's order. She did have large bags of Ranchlands so that must be one that's back in full distribution.

Have you looked into ordering online. I use www.chewy.com and they offer free shipping on orders over $50. The large bags are also about $10 cheaper then in the store.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop