Razz Is Having A Hard Time.......

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

Razz is having a very hard time adjusting to Munchie's death. This has been one of my biggest fears through Munchie's disease, that when she left us, Razz would be totally lost. Razz and Munchie came to work with me everyday, but Razz could never be seperated from Munchie. She would howl and pitch a fit so much that her temp would spike. They always had to be together.

Today I am working the front desk, so I have her with me. She is standing beside me, she won't even sit down. Every time I have to leave the office, she has to follow me. I feel so bad for her. I tried putting her in the kennel and one of the techs came and got me and said she was trying to eat through the kennel door. I have one of the Dr's Greyhounds up here with me, she was my former foster dog, so Razz knows her well, but she is ignoring her. I have 3 other dogs at home, but Razz really isn't affectionate with any of them. She only loved Munchie. I don't know if she would ever bond with another Greyhound or not, but we are not planning on adopting another dog, so that really isn't an option. She never bonded with any of my fosters, but she always had Munchie at that time.

Does anyone have any ideas on helping Razz adjust?

Razz had SA before we got Munchie. She acted the same, crazy in the kennel, had to be right with me etc. We tried drugs back then, but nothing seemed to work. We were thrilled when we adopted Munchie and Razz was so happy with her 'little sister'. Now her sister is gone and we are both heartbroken.

I'm so sorry to see this. Could you try giving Razz a blanket or something else of Munchie's? It might either comfort or disturb Razz, but it's worth a try. When LadyBug died, I put her tag collar on her brother and it seemed to help for a while. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

BACH's flower essence therapy would probably help. Also there is a homeopathic remedy called ignatia that I have used myself (when Slim crossed over.) I KNOW it is helpful for just this sort of thing. In fact my holistic vet is the one who told me about it. Don't touch the little pills just drop them in her mouth. You might even be able to get a tincture and just use drops. In addition to being effective it is also cheap. Hugs to Razz.

Am so sorry for your loss and Razz is hurting. No ideas, except hugs to the both of you.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I recently lost a cat, and I have another cat at home who is taking the loss pretty hard. The vet said something that surprised me. A lot of animals require their own "viewing." What I mean is, when they actually see the other animal who has passed, and they sniff them and understand that they have died, then they can start their own grieving process. If they don't actually see the other animal, they can become confused. Razz probably wants to know when his friend is coming back. :(

I don't have any ideas, but hugs to both of you during this difficult time.

I'm sorry- i didn't know Munchie had passed. I went through something similar with my hounds. The only thing that helped was time and an added buddy. I adopted another hound which made all the difference in the world. Again--sorry about Munchie-she was such a brave little soul to have gone through so much in her short little life.