My First Greyhound, Dillon

Guest iMrCrumbs

Guest iMrCrumbs

So I wanted to introduce myself and Dillon. Dillon is my first Grey and I have to say that I really lucked out. I am a very goofy person and Dillon is a very goofy Grey. Our personalities match perfectly. When I was looking for a Grey to adopt, most of them were just laid back and chilled out. Dillon on the other hand stood out immediately. He is always ready to play and run with me. I live on a big farm with plenty of room for him to play on. We take long walks every evening and he is always bouncing around while we walk. He loves to go to the local baseball fields and run free. He is also a good protector. Anytime someone pulls in the drive way he lets me know by running to the door. He loves spending time with my aunt's Grey, which he does several times through out the week. Dillon is my best friend and I am lucky to have found him.

As for me, I am currently working as Tech Support and I go to college online for Computer Programming/Networking. I live by myself with Dillon. I take Dillon just about everywhere with me... as long as dogs are allowed.

Welcome to you and Dillon! Hope to hear many stories and see lots of pics of him -- he sounds great! I am also a one-person one-hound go-everywhere pair -- just celebrating my fourth anniversary with my girl.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

And welcome from me and Peggy in the UK. Looking at that photo you posted, Peggy was just like that an hour ago. It was a nice warm afternooon and I left the car at home and walked to the park instead. On the way back I stopped off in one of the local pubs for a pint of beer and Peggy laid down just like that on their carpet for about 15 minutes. 2 miles is apparently 'far enough' for Peggy.

Guest iMrCrumbs

Yeah, Dillon loves the walks around the farm and the runs on the baseball fields. But afterwards... its good night! I have to be careful because he can't handle the heat and the black coat only makes it worse. I am glad that summer nights are slowly cooling off.

Guest iMrCrumbs

Yes they are... I didn't know what to expect when I was looking for one to adopt. I had been around my aunt's Grey but still you never know.. Dillon has blessed my entire life... I never knew how lonely my house was until I got Dillon. Now if only he could learn to talk.. lol

Congratuations! I am still a fairly new owner myself...isn't it wonderful to have found such a perfect four-legged friend? As you get to know each other better, you will begin to understand all of the things Dillon is saying to you in doggy-speak. It amazes me how much Olivia "talks" to me as I begin to learn more about her and her about me.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Guest iMrCrumbs

Funny story... Bother of my younger brothers are track runners. They are in great shape and can run like the wind blows. The first time they met Dillon, I had them run with him... The whole time they were running full speed, Dillon was just trotting along staring up at them like "What were you thinking?"

They can't even run fast enough to make him interested lol. :gh_runner:treadmill

Welcome to GT and congratulations on your handsome new boy! :confetti It sounds like the two of you are a perfect match. I look forward to pictures and posts about him.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest jenniferk

Congrats! I'm a new grey owner too, and it's nice to hear that there are other goofy greys. Mine is so goofy I keep asking my rescue group if he is normal (they swear he is)--because I was anticipating one of those calm, chilled out dogs! But I love my crazy boy to pieces. Glad you and Dillon are perfect for each other!

Guest iMrCrumbs

Congrats! I'm a new grey owner too, and it's nice to hear that there are other goofy greys. Mine is so goofy I keep asking my rescue group if he is normal (they swear he is)--because I was anticipating one of those calm, chilled out dogs! But I love my crazy boy to pieces. Glad you and Dillon are perfect for each other!

yeah I was expecting to get a dog that just layed around and gave me funny looks from time to time.. NOT SO MUCH with Dillon. I have nicknamed him Taz because he loves to spin in circles and get dizzy.. He is bad for waking me up at 6am to play.. but it's still fun at any hour :bgeorge

Yes they are... I didn't know what to expect when I was looking for one to adopt. I had been around my aunt's Grey but still you never know.. Dillon has blessed my entire life... I never knew how lonely my house was until I got Dillon. Now if only he could learn to talk.. lol

They have a gift for filling emptiness....even when you don't realize how empty it is......

Best wishes with him....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.