Questions About Sam E

Is there a difference between the products sold for humans and canines? Where is the cheapest place you've found it?

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've never used SAM-e specifically, but I typically give my dogs human grade supplements and they're generally less expensive. If my local healthfood store doesn't have a good price, I check Costco or order from Vitacost or Puritan's Pride. Puritan's Pride is having their buy one get two free sale right now. SAM-e isn't cheap, but they've got a good price right now. http://www.puritan.com/sam-e-668?searchterm=SAM-e&rdcnt=1&sortorder=2&Page=1#tab=tab-1 They're shipping is generally pretty quick too.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest PiagetsMom

Ok, thanks Judy. I'm familiar with it being used as a mood stabilizer in us humans, but wasn't aware that it was used in any way for dogs.

I used to just buy the Nature Made brand. I stopped though only becasue the pills were large and I was dosing an IG so it became easier to pay for the expensive stuff from the vet that came in her size -- the Denosyl.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Look at Denamarin and/or Marin for liver support. Both are designed for liver support in dogs. My opinion is to use the dog stuff. While you may save money using people supplements, the results will not be the same.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Look at Denamarin and/or Marin for liver support. Both are designed for liver support in dogs. My opinion is to use the dog stuff. While you may save money using people supplements, the results will not be the same.

Greyt advice!

Thank you!! I respect and greatly appreciate all the Vet/health advice you provide here.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****